My first restoration project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rescued a '46 Dodge WC this past weekend. Appears to be mostly intact, and in pretty darn good shape for it's age. Looking forward to getting it back on the road. Plan to rebuild the flat 6 and keep it as original as possible, patina included, lol

Screenshot_2018-01-06-19-29-29-1.png

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That one is way more complete than my 1947
house rent and truck 017.JPG
was when i got it.
My main leaf on the front passenger side was but welded back together.
No glass and No wiring in it. mine had a newer bed on it also but patina was even.
Yea mine came with a running 1965 425HP 396 with 2 carter AFB 750 carbs and 2" fender well headers.

That was way back in 1987.
I still have it patina and all.
Got 3,000 tied up in it and been driving the wheels off of it.
You should like yours when you get her driving. that 6 cylinder is actually pretty spunky for what it is.
Buddy had a bone stock one i got to drive.
Fun stuff.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like it.... Im not sure what flat six you have, but I had a '49 with a 230 (I think it was a 230) and ran great. Top speed was MAYBE 50mph. It drove like a tractor but you couldn't help but have fun in it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for patina. I've seen some pretty good patina rides with a clear coat over the patina even, that turned out really well.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it.... Im not sure what flat six you have, but I had a '49 with a 230 (I think it was a 230) and ran great. Top speed was MAYBE 50mph. It drove like a tractor but you couldn't help but have fun in it.
218, but I'm reading that the 230 is real similar.
You could always do this.
There you go! Actually a 4bt is my dream, but we'll see how the funds hold up, lol

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like that oiled one.
clear coat will eventually peel and look horrible. I had people tell me years ago clear coat it..Not happening.
I drive this through the woods scraping on trees and it has made many trips to standard iron and steel with a bed full of junk.
The way I see it it is a truck and you are in Oklahoma where fishing and hunting can keep your belly and the freezers full year round.

That diesel 4BT is a cool one for sure..heavy though,,I think like 800 lbs unless i heard wrong.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I like that oiled one.
clear coat will eventually peel and look horrible. I had people tell me years ago clear coat it..Not happening.
I drive this through the woods scraping on trees and it has made many trips to standard iron and steel with a bed full of junk.
The way I see it it is a truck and you are in Oklahoma where fishing and hunting can keep your belly and the freezers full year round.

That diesel 4BT is a cool one for sure..heavy though,,I think like 800 lbs unless i heard wrong.

Just under 800lbs with oil. Popular swaps in 66-77' broncos. Takes a lot of interior insulation and firewall insulation to cancel out the noise on those in a bronco. Easy and straightforward swap though.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20150926_161623_zpsrx9ey60s.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom