My grandpa sold my favorite gun!!!! I'm gonna cry...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to visit my grandparents the yesterday for the first time in several months (yeah, I'm a bad grandkid), and I nearly cried when I found out my grandpa sold his old (1800s?) Husqvarna coach gun. :( Dangit!

Apparently some guy wanted to see it and offered him $800, then jumped to $950 so he sold it. I would have given him that for it! He said he didn't know I wanted it... GODDANGIT!

So how do you handle that? I mean, it's over now, but I had always hoped he might pass that item on to me... you know... when... well, whenever (cough). I certainly wasn't going to ask for it, I mean I've always found that presumptuous to say, "Hey, when you die, can I have your stuff???" But dammit, if I'd let him know how much I wanted that gun, he probably would have called me to give me first shot at it. I'm truly bummed I missed out on such a great piece of history, as well as the opportunity to help my grandparents out. He showed me some more of his guns yesterday, an old Ruger .22 revolver with an extra .22mag cylinder, a .357 Blackhawk, then a plain stock 870 and mini-14. But damn, that Husqvarna I had dreamed of for a couple of years... and now when I finally had the money to buy it if he wanted to sell it... he sells it without even telling me!

WAAAAAH! (Yes, I'm whining!)

I'm not mad, I don't blame him, and I know they are strapped on their SS income and need the money, but jeez... I'm just bummed. :(

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it really means that much to you, why don't you try to get a hold of the guy who bought it. I know I would sell it back if it was a family heirloom. You might even offer him some profit.....Sorry for your loss.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too would try to call the guy that bought it from you grandpa and see if you can negotiate something with him. If I was the buyer and knew a family member had wanted the firearm, I would deffinately give them a chance to get it back. Prolly even sell it back to them for the same price.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad did the same thing with a shotgun I gave him for his Birthday one year. I would have bought it from him if he had told me he wanted to sell it to buy a Maverick 88.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks, but like the others said, try to get ahold of the guy that bought it and tell him what's up. Thankfully, I'm already in my grandpa's and dad's wills to get all the firearms...

Latest posts

Top Bottom