My LWRC REPR landed today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glockadict

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cost was $3170 out the door. The piston runs much cleaner than a standard setup. The gas can be adjusted for a silencer, and I am going to run my silencer on this rig. I admit that I like shooting more than cleaning, so piston rifles are great for me. The piston does not affect accuracy.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The piston does not affect accuracy.

I have seen several people setup identical rifles one being DI and one being piston and the DI guns have always been more accurate. Never done it myself but one source was Adco Firearms so I'd trust his results.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen several people setup identical rifles one being DI and one being piston and the DI guns have always been more accurate. Never done it myself but one source was Adco Firearms so I'd trust his results.

Less stuff hanging on the barrel = less stuff goobering up accuracy.

DI's are inherently more accurate, since there's nothing there that can move around when it goes off.

That said, whether or not the accuracy differential is noticeable is an entirely different matter.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

DI's are inherently more accurate, since there's nothing there that can move around when it goes off.

That said, whether or not the accuracy differential is noticeable is an entirely different matter.

I'm curious as to how the fact that DI is a dirtier system affects accuracy over the course of a few hundred shots? I would guess that its a minuscule amount, but I'm just curious.

How often do folks clean AR-10s? I assume its around the same as other semi-autos, but when it comes to accuracy being more important over long shots (and this being a .308) I would think its closer to a bolt-gun's schedule.

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep, the piston/op rod moving probably affects barrel harmonics to some degree...but like you said - to what degree?

I think the piston/DI argument can't be effectively argued unless you start to talk about the intended purpose of the rifle.

I own both.:D

glockadict

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my silencer on. Thanks 10.5stang for putting my blackout flash hider on for me.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y160_fellony_REPR_Can1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom