My new toy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should have gotten the gold plated version. Then I would have a gun and a precious metal. No better combo

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older .44 Magnum, made in Israel. Traded a Stainless 80 series Gold Cup for it. I found a set of Hogue grips (with the Desert Eagle Logo) without finger grooves on Ebay.

If you reload 18 grains of H110, pushing a 240 grain hollow point bullet -- is a great plinking load -- it cycled well, and recoil was really manageable -- anything less would cycle but would not pickup a new round.

Magnum Research offers a lot of accessories, here is a link:
http://www.magnumresearch.com/Accessories/Accessories.asp

I really enjoy mine, I am sure you will enjoy yours!

Bad Omen

Marksman
Reaction score
Shot a friend's once a upon a time ago. I remember the brass ejecting straight up vs. towards the side. Recoil wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Congrats on the new toy! Dirty Harry Semi-Auto style!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's cool! I'd love to shoot one, especially a .50AE. I've got a S&W 629 V-Comp .44 mag and the recoil isn't nearly as bad as many think so I'll bet as heavy as those are and being a semi-auto the recoil will be pretty mild all things considered.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fun shooters. The son of a hunting buddy showed up with one in gold a few years ago.

Me: "You are in college, right?" He: "Yep." Me: "Studying to be a drug dealer, or a pimp?" He: "F**k you, strong message follows."

Fast forward one year. Guess which of my choices was right. Cost his family lots of bucks to keep his record clean.

Not to say that everyone with a gold Desert Eagle is in an illegal profession. I was really just trying to yank the chain of a kid who was growing up with stuff I never had a chance at. But, I hope he has decided to become something else. Last I heard he was looking at law school . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom