My personal thanks to Dick Marcinko

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Marcinko
<snip> Prison

Marcinko served time in federal prison under charges of defrauding the government over the price of contractor acquisitions for hand grenades. Marcinko maintains that he was the subject of a witch-hunt for his work with Red Cell and that the fraud committed revealed the weaknesses of military security. Marcinko has detailed his arrest and confinement in the last chapters of his autobiography.[1]

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Demo Dick was, and is, the real deal. I think it's funny watching him being interviewed in the past few days. You can almost see the vein bulging on his temple as he listens to these idiots asking him stupid questions about team specifics that there is no way in hell he is going to answer... I'd love for him to go off on someone like Shawn Hannity... I mean really give him an interview to remember while he cries himself to sleep thinking about how the big, bad SEAL seriously dressed him down on national TV. BTW, his books are pretty fun to read, too.

Teufel Hunden

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What base was that?

When I was in the Corps our base was hit by his Red Cell Team. He said our base was one of the most secured bases there was. We received a MUC ribbon for it. I later met him here on N.May at a book signing. (he didn't seem too impressed about the memory), but like you said a Great Commander and American.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the ins and outs, I was too low on the food chain. We were given a MUC ribbon due to the report Red Cell filed stating we were one of the best secured bases there was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom