My Wife Teresa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She stood up for the first time yesterday, and I drove to Stillwater and took her to Medford for an appointment with our Nurse Practitioner. She still has trouble walking due to a compression fracture of one of her lumbar vertebrae, but she is getting stronger.

The goal now is to get her stronger, control the pain from the fracture, and work on her speech. Please continue your prayers. They seem to be working.

And for your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes, we both thank you.

Oh man ... Tell her not to push too hard. It will take a good while for that fracture to heal if it is anything like mine. I did my first PT session yesterday and apparently there is a VERY fine line between exercises being helpful and exercises making things worse. Also, I had trouble finding that line because my PT kept telling me to stop trying so hard or I "was gonna pay for it tomorrow". Tomorrow is here. He was right. Whew!

I am SO glad things are going better for her! And you!! It is clear how much you love her when you post. (Grumpy says hang in there! He knows how hard it is to watch someone you love hurt like that and all you can do is try to comfort them. I NEVER thought I'd see the day he'd admit he loves me!! :hey3: Lol)

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fabulous news! Will continue to Pray for the both of you.
And as That Gurl says tell her to be patient and not overdo it. To much to early can set you back even longer. Hope everything keeps improving for the both of you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom