Need data please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OEFVETERAN2010

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently created some 134-grain bullets for my 9mm firearm, but my reference materials lack data for this specific bullet weight. The available data only covers 125-grain and 147-grain bullets. If anyone has any data or images from a reloading manual for 134 or 135gr 9mm bullets, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share them with me thanks

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_c76866c0-2e3f-4e11-bc5d-124570f80c41.jpg
    Messenger_creation_c76866c0-2e3f-4e11-bc5d-124570f80c41.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 5

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the deal though with your bullets and looking for load data you can't go by any data on a new bullet and get the same results just because it is the same weight.

You must take into account Bearing surface and alloy.
If a bullet is harder alloy or harder jacket it will create more pressure as will longer bearing surface.

We should all know this.

You are safe using data for a heavier bullet with an unknown lighter bullet and work your way up from the start load and get your own data.

OEFVETERAN2010

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the deal though with your bullets and looking for load data you can't go by any data on a new bullet and get the same results just because it is the same weight.

You must take into account Bearing surface and alloy.
If a bullet is harder alloy or harder jacket it will create more pressure as will longer bearing surface.

We should all know this.

You are safe using data for a heavier bullet with an unknown lighter bullet and work your way up from the start load and get your own data.
Thank you I been reloading for 14 years but new to lead bullets.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swampratt is completely correct. One other note, in my testing I have seen that lead bullets generally clock faster than the same weight jacketed bullet with the same charge. So, even starting on the "lower" end of the spectrum to be safe, you'd be surprised on the speeds you could achieve.

As an aside, those are some great looking bullets, curious to see how well they would perform in gel!

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On that note, when the weather cools down again to where my gel doesn’t melt in transport, I plan to do another bout of gel testing. If you would like, I could test some of your loads in gel for subcompact, full size, and carbine sized firearms (if you don’t have another means to do so and wanted me to). If so, just let me know and I can get er done for ya!

OEFVETERAN2010

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On that note, when the weather cools down again to where my gel doesn’t melt in transport, I plan to do another bout of gel testing. If you would like, I could test some of your loads in gel for subcompact, full size, and carbine sized firearms (if you don’t have another means to do so and wanted me to). If so, just let me know and I can get er done for ya!
Thanks for the offer once I find a good load i will be sure to contact you. Thanks 😊

Latest posts

Top Bottom