Need help trying to find a shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok here are my requirements

Remington 870
Synthetic
around 20" Must be able to shoot slugs

I am going hunting up North next year and while I already have a 870 Tactical Express I dont want to tear it apart to make it work, wife is ok with me buying another shotgun instead. While I know they make deer barrell that are fully rifled I want something I can use to shoot skeet with my dad or maybe even hunt fowl with as well.

Which one of these models would you all go with or what suggestions do you have?

Model 870™ Express® Synthetic 18"
(An ideal 12-gauge utility gun featuring an 18" fixed Cylinder choke barrel, single front bead sight, non-glare matte finish, and choice of 5-shot or 7-shot capacities. The Model 870 Express Synthetic is an excellent choice as a permanent camp shotgun or as the foundation for your own personalized design.)

Model 870™ Express® Synthetic Deer
(The Model 870 Express Synthetic Deer now provides Express value in one of the most accurate slug shooting combinations available. It includes a 20-inch, fully-rifled barrel with adjustable rifle sights.)

Model 870™ Express® Super Magnum Synthetic
(For those looking for that "one shotgun to do it all," you'd be hard pressed to find a more affordable all-purpose option. Capable of digesting 2 3/4, 3, and 3 1/2-inch 12-gauge shells without a hiccup, the Model 870 Express Super Magnum Synthetic is as at home in the dove field as it is in the duck blind or on the skeet field. Available with either a 26 or 28-inch vent rib barrel with a Modified Rem™ Choke, this pump-action shotgun features a non-glare matte finish on all exterior metalwork and an all-weather black synthetic stock and fore-end)

And go....