Need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dove

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking into purchasing a Glock 22 (40 Cal) pistol. I have never owned a glock but I have shot this pistol and like it. The only problem I have is my freakin' hands are very big. I like the rubber grips on my sig P220 and was wondering if anyone might give me any insight on some tips or gear for the Glock 22. I have researched and found some slip on grips. Do they work? Will they slip? Anybody got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

The Dove

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You've got a P220, so my advice would be to get a P229 in 40SW, and get a barrel in 9MM and the mags to go along with it. I think you'd be much happier with a gun you already know.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like both Glocks and Sigs. Just depends on preference. Love the Glock for simplicity. I used a Glock 17 for years that was a 1st generation with slip on grips. Works great.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a slip-on called a Handall that I believe is made by Hogue. It might make the grip fit better and they don't move easily after placement.