Negligent Discharge on CL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At first I LOL'd like a fool ... then I wondered about the thought process that allowed him to think trying to sell a "slightly shot" TV on Craigslist was a good idea ... Gotta wonder about people ...

Then I LOL'd like a fool again!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I don't know who he or she was, but they made my day!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that the gun was being cleaned. Dry firing more likely. There are lots of accounts of people shooting their television accidentally.

Someone needs to explain to me why a person dumb enough to be dry firing at their TV is responsible enough to own a firearm. I see no training value to it and instead see massive stupidity, immaturity and dangerous gun handling practices.

If this criticism stings because it fits you - good. You need to sell your firearms and buy an airsoft.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that the gun was being cleaned. Dry firing more likely. There are lots of accounts of people shooting their television accidentally.

Someone needs to explain to me why a person dumb enough to be dry firing at their TV is responsible enough to own a firearm. I see no training value to it and instead see massive stupidity, immaturity and dangerous gun handling practices.

If this criticism stings because it fits you - good. You need to sell your firearms and buy an airsoft.

Everyone knows that you practice your quick draw in front of your tv so you can see your reflection while you do it.:D

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe a Glock? Gotta pull the trigger to get the slide off. I know of one deputy's wife and several less valuable items that have been shot (the woman died--down in Louisiana) when the would be gun cleaner failed to check the chamber before pulling the trigger.

Just one possible explanation.

I wonder if there is an economical repair for the TV. Somehow doubt it. CB

<edit--fire prevention> This is not a criticism of Glock's design. It's a criticism of ignorance or stupidity, whichever was in play at the expensive moment.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Actually, I can see some merit in it. At least one of the major schools around here that do defensive pistol training, have you shoot a human target in their scenarios so you know what it feels like to actually see a living person in your sights. It is supposed to help overcome the freeze that people often experience when they are face with shooting a real, live person. Practicing on a TV might give something of a similar experience. You just better be absolutely sure your gun is empty or, at a minimum, your TV and pocketbook are going to take a hit.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I can see some merit in it. At least one of the major schools around here that do defensive pistol training, have you shoot a human target in their scenarios so you know what it feels like to actually see a living person in your sights. It is supposed to help overcome the freeze that people often experience when they are face with shooting a real, live person. Practicing on a TV might give something of a similar experience. You just better be absolutely sure your gun is empty or, at a minimum, your TV and pocketbook are going to take a hit.

A photo or realistic human image target can be used at the range or for home dry firing practice in front of a decent backstop. Not a TV with a child in the next room or a neighbor in the adjacent apartment.

The problem with so many TV's being shot is idiots who fondle their firearms while watching action movies. If this is anyone reading, do yourself and everyone around you an enormous favor - sell your firearms.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right. I'm not suggesting it is a good practice and I should have added know what is beyond your target and be absolutely sure it is a safe direction.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if someone wanted to buy it for $400, who would feel safe about going to pick it up?......oops I didn't mean to shoot your tire while I was helping to load your new tv in your car......

Latest posts

Top Bottom