1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

New gun range/shop in Durant

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by steelfingers, Jan 12, 2021.

1. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Located on HWY 70 west of the bypass (north side) is a new shooting range and gun store. The range in outside and you can shoot pistols on some nice targets. You can shoot 100 yds with rifle but you would have to be alone at 100 or with others at 100. Not a bad deal.
    Took my FN FNX 45 tactical with the holosum shake to wake green dot (love it). You can adjust it to a single dot or the exact circle/dot system Trijicon uses but in green (tons better to see with my eyes and glasses).
    Shot the reloads that were given to me. FN is double stack 45 so I went through 3 mags and had 3 failure to feed. I'm always a bit twitchy on reloads I didn't do but I'll have fun shooting all these. I'll resize the brass and everything will be cool.
    No big as far as distance. 12 yrds with no ammo dumps. The wild shots must have already been on the target when I bought it (Ha). It was a fun day just to get to shoot
    Durant range day.JPG

druryj, DRC458, thor447 and 2 others like this.
  2. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It puts a smile on my face to see you out shooting, did you bring the new child with you so she gets used to the noise ?:thumbup3:

DRC458 and kirk1978 like this.
  3. steelfingers

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nope wife stayed......wait were you talking about the wife or the new dog? I never said that....I wasn't here....FAKE NEWS!!!!

thor447 and Timmy59 like this.
  4. kirk1978

kirk1978 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    And this was his last time to go shoot.....

DRC458 likes this.
  5. thor447

thor447 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    You talking about Barrets? I have been in Durant for the past few days and stopped by there yesterday morning. They're sold out of almost everything, just like all other LGS's, but it looked like a pretty nice place. The range looked a little pricey, at $20/hour, and $1000/year memberships, but the store was nice and people seemed friendly. They had a Dillon 650 conversion kit for .38/.357 there that I almost walked out with, but I was able to keep my money in my pocket.

6. steelfingers

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Ha. Don't think it would bother this dog on bit. It's a mean little rat and is chewing up every shoe lace, earbud, or leather belt I own

7. steelfingers

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yeah. I asked about membership for both my wife and I for a year and it priced me out. I have a place to shoot on family land. I will shoot there when I can at 20 bucks a go just to help.

8. THE JOKER

THE JOKER Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    B746AFDC-65CB-41A6-B688-5543310E0D86.jpeg
    Why is the gimp holding the target and your dog?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  9. steelfingers

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well.....aaahh....that's my wife's hands holding up the target and we are at a loss what the heck that is.