New info on Zimmerman story ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting story on why Zimmerman was armed while on patrol in his neighborhood.. despite it being against Neighborhood Watch rules. A animal control officer told him to arm himself for protection against a pit-bull instead of carrying pepper spray! I would have been armed too.

Run-ins with pit bull reportedly led Zimmerman, wife to get guns

Published April 26, 2012
FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...led-zimmerman-wife-to-get-guns/#ixzz1tANt0cSr

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ll-reportedly-led-zimmerman-wife-to-get-guns/

WOW, Fox News has 7 of the many 911 calls that Zimmerman had made over suspicious people in his complex. Fox just played one.... Zimmerman clearly said he wanted the police to investigate the suspicious person because he DID NOT want to confront him personally!

Last edited:

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly wish some pro-2A or 2A apologists would stop trying to explain away the need for a gun in society.

Educate people about firearms the same way we show the need for seatbelts and fire extinguishers.

We don't need to make excuses to carry a gun.

Michael Brown

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct, Mr. Brown. However, this should help the defense in this specific case to deflect accusations of a pattern of vigilantism if they should arise.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly wish some pro-2A or 2A apologists would stop trying to explain away the need for a gun in society.

Educate people about firearms the same way we show the need for seatbelts and fire extinguishers.

Michael Brown

^^THIS!^^

Although I have more people ask me why I have a fire extinguisher in my car than a gun.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Michael Brown

+10000.

In the same regard, I'm tired of politicians saying they support the 2A and go on to talk about how they are themselves are in fact a "hunter". It's not about a right to hunt.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, blame it on a pitbull for you to need to carry a gun. I'm sure the stats show more killings from people then pitbulls each year. That's a lame way to spin it.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, you are preaching to the choir, but you have to remember common sense, state laws and the Constitution isn't gonna work when it comes to the anti-gunners.. and if you want to change the opinion of the general masses toward Concealed Carry / Open Carry then you will have to put it in terms they can accept... it is like talking to kids with these folks.

The rabid anti-gun politicians and lobbiest use silly spin to instill fear into the uneducated masses [many of whom have never been around a gun]... so we pro-gunners need to use spin too... like people needing guns to protect themselves from more than just bad people... like from mean vicious dogs roaming the streets. If you don't use the anti-gunners tactics against them, they will end up beating you.. prime example is all the problems we have had in getting OC in Oklahoma.

As far as the mean dogs roaming the streets issue goes... just last evening, my local police got another call over a pit bull. A woman had just put 2 of her kids in the car and went back in to get her baby.. when a mean pit bull came up on her porch and wouldn't let her out the door. The little kids in the car were scared and wanting to get out of the car and run back into the house to mamma and the mother was yelling for them to say in the car. She didn't have a gun to protect her kids. Thankfully, the police & animal control got there before anyone got hurt. But if the kids had gotten out of the car and run... then they and their mother could have been seriously injured or killed. That is the kind of stories that change people's minds about CC & OC... not arguing Constitutional law to people who may not even have a high school level education... despite having a high school or college diploma.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your pitbull story reminds me of the Zimmerman story. Since it's so easy to make up a story to fit your believes. As far as we know since we weren't there the reality could have been a pitbull came and laid down and took a nap on her porch and wouldn't move even though she was screaming at it to move and because it was a pitbull she thought only bad things can happen.

By adding mean pitbull to the story or the dog wouldn't let her out doesn't mean that was what really happened. The pitbull could have just been sitting there doing nothing.

What if she would have opened the door and it rolled over for a tummy rub or the kids got out of the car and the dog was wagging it's tail and being playful?

Pitbulls actually can act like that and just because you find it easier to use pitbulls as an excuse to have a gun doesn't mean those that own pitbulls want their dogs to be used as an excuse.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no to infer I made this up. I've got no reason to lie. It was on the police scanner... and the woman was terrified.. the dog was growling and being agressive. The dispatcher told the officers to expidite their response. And the first officer on the scene confirmed it was agressive and for the other responding officers to be carefull. In the last several years my city has had dozens of vicious pit bulls shot by the police.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
, thanks for leaving out the aggressive part and the rest of the story.

I've seen on the news lately that there have been several black people being shot and killed by police. Should I then say that we should carry a gun because we should now fear ALL blacks because of this?

We should carry a gun for the sole purpose of self defense. Nothing more, nothing less.

Debating with anti gun people and anti pitbull people are the same. They have never owned one and feed on the fear that the news educates them with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom