New member- Oksailor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome Mark.

Selling your stuff, best way to get a feel for prices is to do several things, and then take everythign into consideration before selling.

1: look at what has sold on gunbroker recently. If you go up to the search bar, click, "advanced Search" and click on "completed items" you can search for auctions that have ended, and get a feel for what theyre pricing stuff for on gunbroker. Sadly, this isnt and end all be all, as much of gunbroker is stuff priced way too high, and people making accounts to bid on their own product, driving up the bids. Keep that stuff in mind. https://www.gunbroker.com/

2: Check Armslist for prices of comparable things. Again, might be priced way high, might be priced way low.

3: look here at the old ads. Look at the current ads. You can usually get a pretty good feel for what everything is accepted here. Maybe look at Longrange Hunting, ARFcom, and Sniper's Hide classifieds for more references.

4: Ask. go buy some ammo or an accessory from a local gunstore, chat with the owner a bit. Ask him what he would sell XYZ gun for in his shop. Make sure to have a few pics and a basic understanding of its condition. Or ask another forum member. I'm happy to give a little help, within reason.

5: I don't know anything about clubs or comps really, but theres lots here that do. We even have a dedicated forum for it. Competitions & Upcoming Events

Oksailor

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, let's start with this one. 1947 Colt 1911 45 ACP polished, accurized, and re-blued sometime before my father acquired it back in the 1960's very good shape all safeties work and shoots well. Anyone?

Oksailor

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA. I’m going to assume by your username that you enjoy sailing. Where do you sail? What kind of boat?
Yes, I do sail and all over, WonderMonkey is currently in dry storage at Lake Hefner. Coronado 23-2
monkey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oksailor

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
By the way, is there a way or place to see if a gun is registered to anyone? without raising too many questions? My father was a police officer (he has passed away) and I suspect that some or all of his weapons are unregistered....

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I do sail and all over, WonderMonkey is currently in dry storage at Lake Hefner. Coronado 23-2
Nice clean looking boat. I enjoy sailing as well, but I don’t have much time for it anymore. My main boat is a 1987 Hunter 23, but I’m considering selling her because she mostly sits in the wet slip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom