"New" S&W PPK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're better quality than the Interarms versions, but not as good as the old Walthers. Parts should interchange between the three.

As always, the .380 versions are mediocre, the .32 versions are much better.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a 80' interarms version
I like it better that the SW version

The early guns require a break in ... And the sharp edge on the slides bottom needs dehorning.

These little pistols are accurate if nothing else.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I prefer the Interarms, post 86 German Walthers, and the Manurhin Walthers made after WWII till 1986. I can't stand the look of the new S&W made Walther.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that the Interarms versions were better than the newer Smith versions...I had an interarms version and had no issues.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a sweet, accurate, quite older model PPK/s in .380; nicely engraved, fancy oak leaf grips, has my name on it; etc. and it's now being stored in the safe to pass on to my grandson. I don't carry it anymore, or shoot it....it's destined to be a piece I just want to pass on. I know there are better carry guns out there now and the venerable old PPK pistols have probably pretty much seen their day; but once you have had the pleasure of really getting to know the PP/PPK/PPK/s platform; there's just something about the way the gun handles, carries, and shoots. For a fairly heavy .380, it's a booger to shoot and yes, the slide will bite you! Anyway, I am thinking of buying one of the NEW S&W versions for me. Seems that the bashing has somewhat toned down now and I don't know if that's because S&W has "fixed" them or if they just aren't being bought much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom