New single vision prescription shooting glasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my single vision prescription glasses that are used for shooting and golf and their great. Picked out a pair of sunglasses at the my optometrist (tons cheaper than sport/shooting glasses) that are wrap around. I have been using tri-focals that are progressive and transitional. Tough as heck getting clear sight on optics (red dot) and target acquisition. On my eotech, the red dot and halo were very blurred and when I added a 3x magnifier it was even worse. Plus I looked like a turkey bobbing my head up and down to get my front sights. Not any more.
No depth distortion, that is common because of the progressives, and full, clear side and front view. I shot a few rounds through my AR and both of my Glocks and a CZ. What a difference. It will not work very well for close up work on my gun but could squint it needed. Found a solution for this as well. Put a pair of cheap reading glasses in my gun bags and golf bag.

Much thanks to the people on this site that gave me the information I needed to go ahead and go through with the purchase. Wish I had done it earlier.

These glasses have the transitional light dimming ability so no glare.

If someone needs a picture of the glasses or more info let me know. Best bet is just go by your local optometrist and see what he can do with your script. I like these so much more that the shooting glasses and I think you will as well particularly when you see the cost savings and quality of sunglasses at an optometrist

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pictures of my new shooting glasses. IMG_0161.jpgIMG_0160.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom