New Smokeless ML Field Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember off the top of my head, the single vent liners are .030 in diameter.

Recommended to change when wear gets to .032?

Its been a long time. I used to be a regular on Dougs forums in the Savage forum.

Basically its a Flat Head Socket Screw with a hole drilled through it, probably by an EDM, laser or carbide drill?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If I remember off the top of my head, the single vent liners are .030 in diameter.

Recommended to change when wear gets to .032?

Its been a long time. I used to be a regular on Dougs forums in the Savage forum.

Basically its a Flat Head Socket Screw with a hole drilled through it.

That sounds about right, but I can't remember for sure. I don't shoot enough anymore to really even worry about it. Here's the link to the liners. http://randywakeman.com/savage0.htm

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hunting buddy has one of the newer models. Ours takes a special tool to remove the breach plug. The new ones take a regular 3/8 socket and extension and ratchet.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of sticker shock, I've had my NULA for a few years, but I looked at their current prices recently and almost choked. There's absolutely no way I'd buy one at today's prices.:shocked:

If I were just getting into smokeless, I probably go with the NEF conversion. I really like the way the OP's turned out.:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom