New steel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered these off eBay and was skeptical if they would hold up, but a few rounds of '06 and not even a dent.

Not bad for $85 for some 3/8" AR 500 steel

image-122259700.jpg

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup! I have one that I have shot with an AR, 12 gauge slugs .308 and others, no dents. I need a stand like that, you sell those?

Yea, I've built 2 of them so far. I put a post in the classifieds right after I made the one in the pic(several months ago). I think I was asking $75 for one that size. It's really neat, if you need to break it down its 2 bolts and has multiple hooks so you only have to hang your chains wherever you want.

The metal obviously won't stop rifle rounds so that's really the only downside and since I just got some good steel I haven't got to see how the stand will hold up to getting shot up. It's surprisingly light, I'd guess 15-20 lbs but once the steel is hanging its sturdy.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found the limits of AR500 3/8" today at 100 yds .223 will put a slight dent in it and at 200 yds a .300 RUM will put a slight dent, not enough to worry about but now I know!