new stuff: kydex knife sheath

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
key points are it clicks in just like my gun holsters (i.e. good retention) and it doesn't wear against the wood on the handle. The metal of the blade spreads the top of the kydex apart (hence the lack of rivets in the top) so that the wood doesnt touch.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Nano, do you think you could make a horizontal carry sheath for this knife?

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_Knife1.jpg

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah it took me a second to figure out why he had the same place mats as i do... lol.

I'm not 100% sure how to price the knife holsters.. Theres actually quite a bit of work that goes into them with all the rivets etc. I priced the one in the picture at $30.

Pretty sure i can make something that will work well for that one you've got there Nikat.

For those out of town i'm able to ship back and forth easily since theres no FFL involved.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Nano, good deal, $30 seems reasonable for a good sheath, is that what you are expecting to be the "typical" price? The one that came with mine was obviously not meant for any kind of quick draw. I can't do it right now, but hopefully in a week or two I'll have a little more extra cash. I can ship/deliver you the knife so you can work with it, it's a little oddly shaped.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the other knife i had to make a holster for, and a flashlight

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they all have positive retention... but aren't sloppy or drag. they all click in fairly well on specific detent points. the detent on the damascus blade is obvious (the depression that fits in the slot in the blade).

Latest posts

Top Bottom