New to Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I just got into firearms and found and joined this forum because, well, I live in Oklahoma! Since I'm new to this hobby, I want to know all I can about guns and the like. I found that I have a deep love for old war rifles as well as the durable Russian AK variants (from the grandpappy SKS to their more modern descendants and don't worry... I'm not a Commie!). I've been looking into a lot of weapons to add to my one Mosin, especially at a few handguns for personal defense, but I don't know a lot about all of them and which ones are recommended for a new shooter. I'm a bit of a data mine so don't feel bad if you post a lot of information. It'll just soak. =P

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now there's a wide-open post...

Welcome to the forum and the world of shooting! Feel free to post any specific questions you might have and don't be overwhelmed by all the info here... just read, read, read....

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best advice would be to peruse the post here and ask questions. There really are a bunch of friendly & knowledgeable people here. Welcome to the forum.

You're probably gonna want a shotgun.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's wrong with being a commie?

some people dont like them. Or nazis.

Pretty much what AKguy said. Most people don't enjoy the company or even any given exchange of words with claimed factions of historical misfortune. I have been called it many times because I am liberal minded (not in the Democrat-esque mind. I hate that political slander to the word. Liberals are all about the freedoms man!).

Anyway, thanks for all the advice. I'll be sure to peruse the forums more and learn all I can. I'll start considering a shotgun and do some research on them. =P

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd start with some high quality "budget" guns.

AR15 - PSA ~$700
AK47 - N-Pap $560
1911 Pistol - Springfield GI - $600
Shotgun - Used Remington 1100 or New Remington 1187 for hunting/skeet

After that you will have the what I call the basics and you can develop a taste for what you like ;) :smash:

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with being a commie?

(Quote = AKguy1985; )some people dont like them. Or nazis.

Hmmm, I don't mind commies...but what if he is a government spy? Huh, huh? Just what to you think about that. Well SilencerX7, are you a government spy? We have a test for that here on the Forum.

Seriously though, welcome to the Forum. Oh, and if you don't mind developing an OCD for guns your stay here will be enjoyable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom