New turn signal law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be happy if they would just crack down on the jackasses who can't be bothered to flip on their signal to change lanes right in front of you.

But yeah, I always remembered the 100ft before the intersection turn signal rule.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TerryMiller said:
I'm usually good for about a block before the turn or lane change.
I usually err on the side of signalling too early, unless it could cause confusion--at one intersection where I make a right turn every work day, there's an exit from a strip mall parking lot about 100ft from the intersection, so I don't signal the turn 'til I've passed that.

Then again, I signal lane changes and turns even when I'm the only one around, so I guess I'm making up for all these people who don't use theirs at all. Or the ones who think they're ECMs, strictly for confusing the enemy.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually err on the side of signalling too early, unless it could cause confusion--at one intersection where I make a right turn every work day, there's an exit from a strip mall parking lot about 100ft from the intersection, so I don't signal the turn 'til I've passed that.

Then again, I signal lane changes and turns even when I'm the only one around, so I guess I'm making up for all these people who don't use theirs at all. Or the ones who think they're ECMs, strictly for confusing the enemy.

I'm pretty much the same. Plus I've ridden motorcycles for long enough to know that giving a single is not only a basic common courtesy, it can save you from a screw up by letting the person you didn't see know you are about to run into them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Same here. I signal way before the intersection because I typically have a trailer behind me, and I need to start slowing down sooner than most without a trailer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom