Newb question about YHM 9mm Wraith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd use Steve also.

If it were me, I'd have it threaded 1/2x36.
That's the std. for 9mm & what YHM uses.
Not sure what Berretta does at the factory, but this will keep you from having to use an adapter.
Have Steve make a thread protector for it while he's threading it.

IMO, 1/2-36 is more common on rifles to keep people from screwing 223 flash hiders on them. 1/2-28 is more common on pistols from what I've seen.

It really depends on what thread pattern the thing is coming with. They offer QD pistons in 1/2-28, 1/2-32, and 1/2-36 and it probably comes with one. I would still do 1/2-28 and get the right piston. I've never once found myself saying I wish my stuff was threaded something besides 1/2-28 (besides 13.5-1LH).

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, 1/2-36 is more common on rifles to keep people from screwing 223 flash hiders on them. 1/2-28 is more common on pistols from what I've seen.

It really depends on what thread pattern the thing is coming with. They offer QD pistons in 1/2-28, 1/2-32, and 1/2-36 and it probably comes with one. I would still do 1/2-28 and get the right piston. I've never once found myself saying I wish my stuff was threaded something besides 1/2-28 (besides 13.5-1LH).

True, that's was I was getting at. Thread it to the same threads as the suppressor to avoid an adapter. The Wraith doesn't use a piston but it does come with 1/2x28, 1/2x32 or 1/2x36 threads on the non QD model. I think the one Cold hand arms was giving away was the non QD model but can't remember for sure. So, yeah, thread it to whatever the suppressor uses & skip the adapter. Don't worry about the factory Berretta thread is all I was getting at.

Also the Wraith, since it's a non piston suppressor, is more commonly a Carbine Suppressor :)

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing you might want to consider is if the suppressor manufacturer will warranty the can for baffle strikes if you have a barrel threaded by someone other than one they recommend. I am in no way trying to say any of folks that the others have mentioned do poor work so please do not take it that way. It is just something to consider.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
True, that's was I was getting at. Thread it to the same threads as the suppressor to avoid an adapter. The Wraith doesn't use a piston but it does come with 1/2x28, 1/2x32 or 1/2x36 threads on the non QD model. I think the one Cold hand arms was giving away was the non QD model but can't remember for sure. So, yeah, thread it to whatever the suppressor uses & skip the adapter. Don't worry about the factory Berretta thread is all I was getting at.

Also the Wraith, since it's a non piston suppressor, is more commonly a Carbine Suppressor :)

The one I'm getting from Cold Hand Arms is a QD model. I'll have to call Steve and see if he knows what the thread pattern is.

I know it's supposed to be for carbines which is why I'm in the process of building a 9mm AR, I'm half way there right now. It will stay primarily on the 9mm AR but occasionally I'll want to be able to put it on the Beretta just for s#!t$ and giggles.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Steve Baldwin (Mechanical Accuracy/Baldwin Sights) in Jones can do the threading with a quicker turn around and probably for cheaper than TT. The 92 thread pattern is different than the standard 1/2-28 thread pattern, but Steve has AACs plans which are pretty standard. I usually take him a copy of the page I want threaded. Steve threaded my Encore 30-06 and my Sako TRG-42 Lapua.

See Page 5.

http://www.silencertalk.com/AAC-thread-guide.pdf

I've heard a lot of good things about Mechanical Accuracy and since they're in state, that's the place I'll contact. I appreciate everyones quick responses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom