Newly Interested In CZ Handguns, What Is Your Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People rave over the CZ 75B however, Im a sucker for the more "modern" looking CZ SP-01. Im leaning toward the SP-01 simply because I prefer its aesthetics but I wonder if the 75B is a superior firearm, if so I would go that route instead. Also are there any differences in performance between the sp-01 phantom and sp-01?

If there is a CZ forum I will probably snoop around there one of these days. Thanks for the help OSA.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ handguns are excellent firearms,I own a 75B and love it, smooth shooting and great accuracy.Made a mistake and sold my SP-01 Phantom to a friend about a year ago and wish I would have kept it.

[Broken External Image]

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ handguns are excellent firearms,I own a 75B and love it, smooth shooting and great accuracy.Made a mistake and sold my SP-01 Phantom to a friend about a year ago and wish I would have kept it.

[Broken External Image]

How did the accuracy and trigger of the phantom compare to the 75B?

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked the Phantom better,the trigger pull in DA on the Cz75B is a lot heavier.The trigger on the Phantom at first was very gritty but smoothed out after a good cleaning and about 250 rounds or so.Accuracy wise I never shot both side by side to compare but Id give the edge to the Phantom.
Both are good shooters with no failures of any kind but having the 18 round capacity on the Phantom was nice.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I LOVE my SP01. Very accurate and heavy. Just the way I like it. I don't think you can go wrong with the CZ's. I've shot just about all the major brands, and CZ's (although not expensive) are great guns. I'd rank the accuracy as good or better than my Sig 226 (and I love my Sig).

Latest posts

Top Bottom