NEXT holster review...Don Hume PCCH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently acquired a M&P9c and think it is one of the best concealed carry weapons I have. I am partial to a 1911 but the size and concealability of this gun really lends itself to the ultimate carry gun. The holster I selected for carry was a IWB style that I have always liked similar to any of the so-called “summer carry” style holsters. Don Hume PCCH

Background: I bought this holster at H&H for $36 including tax. All Don Hume holsters are 30% off currently adding to an already bargain priced holster.

First Glance: This holster like all Don Hume stuff is very well made. The stitching is quality and the holster is very well designed and should hold up to years of heavy use. Snaps are “pull-the-dot” style and the cant is about 10 degrees.

Holster quality: The leather is quite heavy and of a quality that most high end holster makers use. The loops are made of a thinner leather than the rest of the holster but still of a very high quality. One issue I have always had with Hume is that they seem to be color blind. They call this holster brown but it is clearly cordovan. Not a big deal, but if you like brown, this ain’t

Firearm fit. This holster really shines in this department. The M&P slides in with slight pressure and actually “snaps” in place slightly when the trigger guard slides into place, almost like a kydex holster would. Holding it upside down will not release the weapon. I have other more expensive IWB holsters that don’t have this good of a fit.

Overall Impressions: The M&P rides somewhat high but this style of holster lends itself to that and the shorter barrel will also make it feel that way. The gun is VERY secure in the waistband and WILL not flip over or feel unstable in any way. I wear it with a belt loop on my pants between the loops on the holster. The holster holds the gun very tight to your side. The mouth has a leather reinforced opening so it stays open for re-hosltering. Since it is above the belt line the opening does not close and re-holstering is very easy. I have carried most of the other ‘summer special” holsters by other makers and this one is as good if not better than all of them.

Addendun One thing i noticed abouot this particular holster is the loops are in line with the firearn instead of perpendicular to the mouth band. I don't know if it is only this particular holster or if that is the design of all of the PCCH's. Doesn't seem to affect how the holster rides or the cant but I though I would mention it. Plus I wanted to be able to use the word perpendicular :)

PROS:
Inexpensive ($50 less than a MS Summer Special)
Very well built
Rides tight to your side
Stays open for re-holstering

CONS:
Cordovan :puke:

OVERALL RATING: 4.5 hollowpoints (out of five)

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P2180009.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P2180010.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_IMAGE_291.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO sarcasm...Actually I like your reviews....and the PCCH is one of my favorite holsters. I carry a g27 and soon an 856 Taurus in one.
I didnt want to take away from your review with a biased opinion.
So tell us what you really think about it , I know you will.
Sonny

I was just busting your chops............. review posted. It is also one of my favorite holsters

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to pick up that holster on your rec. even though I don't have the gun yet. It is just a matter of time. My comp gun is a full size MP 9 Pro.
Thanks for the review burk!

MA

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to pick up that holster on your rec. even though I don't have the gun yet. It is just a matter of time. My comp gun is a full size MP 9 Pro.
Thanks for the review burk!

MA

They had a pretty good selection but sold three while I was in there so you better get in there before they are all gone.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with you on the color thang. :disappoin

I've always been a "fan" of Don Hume stuff. I always recommend them to someone who is waiting on a custom rig from Milt Sparks, Matt Del Fatti, Mitch Rosen or somebody, but over the last few years, I've realized something...

Gunleather from Don Hume really does just as good as the custom folks, it's just not as snazzy and purdy as say a Lou Alessi (God rest his soul) scabbard or perhaps something with shark trim.

But I ask you...who's gonna see all that awesomeness? :anyone:

That's the trouble with spending a C-note (or more) on concealed carry gunleather...nobody but you knows about it. :ugh2:

I've finally and officially turned in my "holster snobbery" license and decided that Galco is my very favorite product. It's a little classier than Don Hume but not quite as gorgeous as Milt Sparks.

Oh well. :rolleyes2

Thanks for another great review, Burk! :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom