"No Guns" signs carry the weight of law?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's what this site says. http://handgunlaw.us/states/oklahoma.pdf

The website posts the question, "Do "No Guns Signs" Have The Force Of Law?" They say, "Yes."

I always thought that if I carry into an establishment (non-governmental, of course) such as a restaurant which has a "no guns" sign, that they could only ask me to leave. Then, if I refused to leave, then, and only then, have I broken the law.

I never thought that the sign itself carried the weight of law.

Did something change?

I already knew no guns allowed on schools, courtrooms, sporting events, bars, etc. I'm just curious about any other posted OK establishments.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what this site says. http://handgunlaw.us/states/oklahoma.pdf

The website posts the question, "Do "No Guns Signs" Have The Force Of Law?" They say, "Yes."

I always thought that if I carry into an establishment (non-governmental, of course) such as a restaurant which has a "no guns" sign, that they could only ask me to leave. Then, if I refused to leave, then, and only then, have I broken the law.

I never thought that the sign itself carried the weight of law.

Did something change?

I already knew no guns allowed on schools, courtrooms, sporting events, bars, etc. I'm just curious about any other posted OK establishments.

You are right, it is a trespass if you don't leave after they ask.

I beleive They(police,state) can take your licence if they want too....

You are wrong.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
huh, well my LEO buddy is full of doo.....
by the way pumkin I have met you and I know how you like to argue so your buddy was prob taking into account that when asked to leave you would stay and argue with them (by the way i am the guy that has the blue GT like tony white except mine was turbo instead of supercharged)

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
by the way pumkin I have met you and I know how you like to argue so your buddy was prob taking into account that when asked to leave you would stay and argue with them (by the way i am the guy that has the blue GT like tony white except mine was turbo instead of supercharged)
I have not met you that I can remember, I do remember making all you mustang guys cry on the bold moves forum!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom