No more tickets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the government doesn't prosecute the criminals and protect the citizenry eventually the citizenry will say enough is enough and take matters into their own hands.
Part of the deal in a well-run society is this: the citizens agree to abide by the authority of the folks in charge (police, etc). The folks in charge agree to HAVE a well-run society, with rules fair to all and enforced to all.

This is breaking down, if it hasn't already. There is clearly several sets of preferred citizens (or non-citizens, as the case may be), and a multi-tiered justice system.

The result is a vigilante system similar to that if which you speak.

Unfortunately, the powers that be want us divided and at each other's throats. That makes it easier for them to rape the treasury and consolidate their power bases.

This won't be pretty, however it turns out.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damned if I'm not conflicted on this one.

I hate Hoskins with a passion. The actions that continue to keep Indians as dependents just pisses me right off. Governments like dependent citizens, and tribal governments seem to be the masters of that. They want "sovereignty" yet they want Federal money, seek relief from Federal courts. They cite treaties, yet the tribal membership has as many Elizabeth Warren types as it does actual Cherokee. The mismanagement and sorry-ass "leadership" has made tribal governance a joke. It's sad to watch, really. My grandpa would be ashamed to see what's become of the Cherokee.

That being said, I may go ahead and get those CWY plates to establish immunity from the TPD. (I've long resisted that because I believe there should be no dual citizenship - you are American, or you are not - this racist divide is exacerbated by creating rules for one set of people, but different rules for the other)

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That being said, I may go ahead and get those CWY plates to establish immunity from the TPD. (I've long resisted that because I believe there should be no dual citizenship - you are American, or you are not - this racist divide is exacerbated by creating rules for one set of people, but different rules for the other)
If I didn't have to drive to Tahlequah to get them I would too, but with Stitt's recent refusal to renew compacts I wouldn't be surprised if tribal tags go away at some point.

My wife and daughter got Choctaw tags for their cars recently. I wish the Cherokees made it as easy to get them.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the time when folks claim to be "Native American " they are using the wrong words.

To be a native of a country means to be born within that country's borders.

Usually, they mean to say they are of indigenous heritage.

Even that term is misleading because the percentage of indigenous heritage is often in the single digits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom