No More US Cellular

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see where TMobile has a Network pass for 90 days that allows you to compare without switching carriers. I've been satisfied with Verizon but may have to compare. Speaking of which, anyone want to buy a decent IPhone 13? I think I'm buying my dad the IPhone 15 tomorrow and may upgrade my 14 Pro to 15 Pro.

That's what we did but we did a Pre-Paid trial for $10. They gave us SIM cards for temp numbers to try out the service. Definitely worth $10 to know for sure.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live in the city with numerous options for phone and internet service. T-Mobile and US Cellular are it. T-Mobile works. US Cellular doesn't. It makes the choice pretty easy. And it's cheaper than US Cellular.
Sounds like you're kinda stuck then. Wasn't kidding when I wished you luck. We're using Cricket Wireless these days. Uses the AT&T network, but you don't need to deal with AT&T support. Quit using AT&T before we actually activated their phone when we found their salesperson lied to us about coverage between OKC & the Ft. Smith area around the I-40 corridor. Switched to Voicestream, which was purchased by T-Mobil shortly after. We were concerned because T-Mobile was a subsidiary of Deutsch-Telecom, and we'd just recently escaped 5 years depending on them in Germany. They were good for 17 years, until one of the phones they sold us, of four phones, was bad, and couldn't be made to work. Wanted us to buy a new phone at full price to replace it, instead of exchanging it. Then they wanted a $500 early termination fee. Told them if they insisted on that I'd be discussing it with the state attorney generals office. Since I'd already been a customer for 17 freaking years. May not have actually said "freaking." :) That fee evaporated, and every time they call to ask us back, they get it explained again.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. Haven't had their cell service, but the old land lines and DirecTV for nearly 20 years. I'll use pigeons and smoke signals before using AT&T again.
Well, the pigeons and AT$T do have one thing in common--they love crapping on you. At least you can make a meal out of the winged rats in a pinch, though.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really think the problem is like @Shadowrider says, it was just too popular. This causes overloading of the towers. This makes it really hard on towers US Cellular and T Mobil don't own. AT&T towers sell their bandwidth AT&T is not using to T and US. However, it is AT&T's tower and they get priority over their leases. Some calls just get bumped.

US Cellular brags on the fact they don't own or maintain the towers. THis tells me they get secondary bandwidth when available.

AT&T also has a first responder plan that prioritizes first responder phones and equipment.
none of the carriers own a significant number of towers , American Tower, Crown castle , SBA and a whole host of small regional tower companies own 95% of all cell towers in the US. that happened about 15 years ago. thats when I left the cell tower business . there were at least 2 other members here that worked on cell towers and I believe they both went to other fields also

Latest posts

Top Bottom