Non hunters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tame sheep inside a high fence "ranch" and some really lame bowmen
Gross.
Never have hunted. Just don't see the need. If I want food, I go to the store. I can understand why some folks need to hunt to put food on the table. Also understand the need to keep animal populations under control. Don't see the sport in it though.

There's no need for sex now. Want kids, have in vitro. Who only does things they need to do?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never have hunted. Just don't see the need. If I want food, I go to the store. I can understand why some folks need to hunt to put food on the table. Also understand the need to keep animal populations under control. Don't see the sport in it though.

I prefer wild game as protein for my table don't have to hunt.... But love too. I know where my meat came from and it the most wholesome protein I can find. Also enjoy a garden and the vegetables it produces. Like canning and making pickles and preserves as well. I don't get people who want to be disconnected from killing but eat meat. Obviously they've never been to a commercial packing house. I've been to one of all the species we Americans consume and am a cattle rancher who has direct contact from the gate to the plate. I love beef always will but elk deer dove turkey pheasant antelope and wild pig are more often on my table. Beef is high. Furthermore knowing how to butcher and prepare wild game before "having" to do it is a better option. Not judging you on your decisions but try not to be so closed minded. And you've obviously never hunted since you "don't see the sport in it" myself and May folks in america don't see the point in buying packaged meat when there's a wilderness full of it for is to chase harvest and enjoy. Well worth the seven minutes of your life to watch.........http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fL3gCr2Jr0U

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please keep this on track as to who doesn't hunt.

If one of the posters wants to post about their objection to hunting, or those that want to justify hunting needs to start a new thread.

Thanks.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never really been one for hunting.

I've been shooting since as long as I can remember. Got my first "just for me" BB gun when I was 8.

I don't have a problem with hunting. Or hunters.
My son in law is a big hunter.
He loves it and eats what he harvests.

I guess I just don't enjoy the kill.

Taken plenty of "varmits". Armadillo, rats, snakes, etc.

When I was in Fort Lauderdale area, there was a real problem with toads.
Used to go out at night with a CO2 pistol and blast for hours.
Might not be safe to do that now!!

A lot of my friends find it a bit strange that I shoot as much as I do, and own as many guns as I do, but don't hunt.

That being said, I do consider hogs to be varmits.
Have a lot of guys will say "hey, can you shoot some of the hogs on my land"
I tell 'em "sure. let me know when."
Still waiting for them to come thru.

Dave

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sitting by a game feeder doesn't sound like hunting to me...

My Dad used to get mad at me while fishing when I was a kid... I got bored... he'd tell me to shut up because I was scaring the fish away... haha!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of the folks in my family hunted, nor have I. I have nothing against it and never have had anything against it, it just hasn't been for me. But like Ratski, I could see shooting some wild pigs (varmints) if ever I had the chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom