Norinco AK-47 in .223

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So at my local gun store there's a good Chinese Norinco AK in .223 (from my understanding it's one of the rarer AK's out there) and it's only like $740. Not bad for something that's meant to be over $1000.
It had the stupid slide fire stock on it so that might be why the price is so low.
I'm probably gonna' put it on lay-away, I want to know of some good companies that make AK stuff. I know Magpul has a bunch of really neat things for an AK (better stuff than for an AR) but i don't know if I want all Magpul stuff on it.
So if anyone knows of other companies that make AK items and .223 AK mags, lemme' know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it a pre 89 import with bayonet lug and treaded barrel? Mags arent very common for those although I had one that would function with a 5.45X39 russian mag that was opened up a little to make up for the case differances between the calibers. Ive never tried a Bulgarian 556 mag in on.

I might have a 5 and a ten round Chinese mag but Ild have to find them if your interested.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it a pre 89 import with bayonet lug and treaded barrel? Mags arent very common for those although I had one that would function with a 5.45X39 russian mag that was opened up a little to make up for the case differances between the calibers. Ive never tried a Bulgarian 556 mag in on.

I might have a 5 and a ten round Chinese mag but Ild have to find them if your interested.

I think it's a pre 89 import. I don't remember if it had the lug or threaded barrel. I could only really tell by the markings. I don't remember if Magpul makes .223 AK mags? They might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's the pre-89, then it's worth more; if it's a post-ban unit then it's priced about right - maybe even a tad high.

As was mentioned, finding (and paying for) mags for these is kind of tough.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's the pre-89, then it's worth more; if it's a post-ban unit then it's priced about right - maybe even a tad high.

As was mentioned, finding (and paying for) mags for these is kind of tough.

True, that's why I'mma save up enough money to at least get 6 mags. It's gonna be pricey but in the end it'll be worth it.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad deal, if it comes with a few mags. Like some of the others, mags were the cause of any problems I had with mine. If it is a pre-ban, it will be an 84S. I enjoyed the gun, but I like the 7.62 round better.
Here is a pic of my 84S that I had.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad deal, if it comes with a few mags. Like some of the others, mags were the cause of any problems I had with mine. If it is a pre-ban, it will be an 84S. I enjoyed the gun, but I like the 7.62 round better.
Here is a pic of my 84S that I had.

Wow, ain't she just purtty! xD The mag that comes with the one at my local gun store is some sort of polymer mag, maybe a Tapco since it is a Norinco AK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom