NSA Whistleblower Identified

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope this guy doesn't meet an unsavory end.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

It was then, he said, that he "watched as Obama advanced the very policies that I thought would be reined in", and as a result, "I got hardened."...

...Over the next three years, he learned just how all-consuming the NSA's surveillance activities were, claiming "they are intent on making every conversation and every form of behaviour in the world known to them"....

....Once he reached the conclusion that the NSA's surveillance net would soon be irrevocable, he said it was just a matter of time before he chose to act. "What they're doing" poses "an existential threat to democracy", he said......

..."I carefully evaluated every single document I disclosed to ensure that each was legitimately in the public interest," he said. "There are all sorts of documents that would have made a big impact that I didn't turn over, because harming people isn't my goal. Transparency is."

Click the linky for the whole story. I just included some excerpts of note.

This guy is going to live as a hunted man like OBL for the rest of his life.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. The Chinese will have him on the next flight back to America.

He probably broke a zillion laws in spilling the beans on this domestic spying operation, but until I hear information that changes my mind, I'm going to consider him to be an American hero.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom