Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. If true we should be safe, the wife and are are already D.

"
Studies reveal nine out of 10 COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented if people had adequate Vitamin D levels

So far, here's what medical experts say: People with low vitamin D who get COVID have a greater tendency toward dying, have a greater tendency toward hyper-inflammation in the cytokine storm that comes with COVID, and have a greater tendency toward getting on ventilators, which is very bad because ventilators don't work very well for COVID, Osborne said."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/vita...mins-could-counter-coronavirus-effects-report

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My best friends wife is a nurse, she got the vaccine the first day it was available here, about 3 weeks ago...she got to feeling bad Saturday and tested positive for COVID today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing video. He's pretty adamant on his statements. I've used ivermectin on cattle and dogs, never knew it could be used by humans.
I had a test last Monday as a precaution because my 89 year old mother was coming to my house for Christmas. The nurse told me if I test positive or develop symptoms the doctor will prescribe ivermectin and some vitamins.

Rest of the story: Results on Wednesday were negative. Christmas eve I became congested and feverish. Woke up Christmas morning with 101° fever. Although I canceled Christmas with mom, I didn't worry about it much because it isn't unusual for me to have allergies this time of year. Occasional fever, body aches, lost taste and smell, and in bed through Sunday. Went to my doctor this morning. (He was out of town last week) Tested positive this morning. Got a steroid shot, antibiotic, hydroxychorol, an assortment of vitamins & supplements. Already feel better and hope it continues to improve.

Additionally, I wore a mask every where I've been the last few weeks and had no contact outside of home that would meet the CDC standard for a contact. But here I sit with Rona. My wife and I have been in close quarters for over 10 days and she is showing no symptoms.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So after we've lived with the China flu in the USA for about a year now, the only thing I can glean from anything I've experienced personally is that the docs and nurses have done a tremendous job at treatment and greatly improving ones odds of going home should one be admitted.

Otherwise....
- we still don't know why some get it even though they've supposedly not been exposed
- we still don't know why some don't get it even though they've had extreme exposure
- we still don't know how long the antibodies last, it seems to vary
-and last but not least 75% of the county is still blindly following the "experts" that repeatedly demand policy be in place that's proven not to be effective for the last 10 months.

Hang in there America, just 10 short months to stop the spread lol. It's a paaannndddeeeemmmiiiccccc.......

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My best friends wife is a nurse, she got the vaccine the first day it was available here, about 3 weeks ago...she got to feeling bad Saturday and tested positive for COVID today.

Rapid or long test result? And remember it's only 70% with only the first dose. She probably wasn't scheduled to take the second dose until next week.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's a two shot treatment so I'm not surprised she got covid after just one shot, not enough time to get that many antibodies. They also never said it would totally prevent you from getting it but that it may make it less severe if you had the shots. And remember it's 95% effective after two shots which means for 5% it doesn't do any good. It could take a month after the second shot to be fully protected.
From the CDC: It typically takes a few weeks for the body to build immunity after vaccination. That means it’s possible a person could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 just before or just after vaccination and get sick. This is because the vaccine has not had enough time to provide protection.

Hope she just has a mild case as we need her back on the front lines.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after we've lived with the China flu in the USA for about a year now, the only thing I can glean from anything I've experienced personally is that the docs and nurses have done a tremendous job at treatment and greatly improving ones odds of going home should one be admitted.

Otherwise....
- we still don't know why some get it even though they've supposedly not been exposed
- we still don't know why some don't get it even though they've had extreme exposure
- we still don't know how long the antibodies last, it seems to vary
-and last but not least 75% of the county is still blindly following the "experts" that repeatedly demand policy be in place that's proven not to be effective for the last 10 months.
This part I believe they do know. I've heard it for months and continue hearing that those who are low in Vit D (low being less than 450 on a lab test) are the ones who get the worth cases of this as far as needing ventilators (that dont really help much). Just saw an article explaining thes better yesturday that someone posted here. Something about the D keeping your respitory system stronger to fight off the virus. Also those with adequate levels of D may never see a symptom although still be a carrier. I take 4000 IUs of D every day. 3 years ago when I was real sick and not eating, all my levels were really low and the Dr. explained then, how D is critical to good health and recomended I take a high dose supliment dailey and he kept checking my labs until it was above 450. At that time he had me reduce the dosage by half and that has maintained my levels since.
I also take Zink dailey and thats long bee well known for a strong immune system supporter.
Your other points, I dont think they can explain. Getting Covid with no close contact doesnt mean you didnt touch a contaminated surface while pumping gas or picking up at the drive thru at am eatery, and then transmitting that to yourself by failing to keep your hands off your face or not washing hands. Or maybe you did that but before you washed, you transmitted that virus to your steering wheel of the car, the radio knob and turn signal, then retransmitted it to your own face 2 hours later after washing hands. Thats a big transmitter, its not all from breathing it in when close contact happens.
The last part in Blue...well I just cant see any reason for that like yourself LOL

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, tested positive today. My mother tested positive and we saw her Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, amazing since she doesn't go anywhere and if she does, she wears a mask and gloves. She's high risk so I asked her PCP to order Monoclonal Antibodies and she will have a transfusion today. I have very mild symptoms and we have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old with fevers, no other symptoms. Wife will go get tested later this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom