Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you hear this?

My daughter works downtown at OU Med. She said the med workers there were getting threats and real nervous going to and from their parking areas to the hospital. Exactly what you said, they are thought to be spreading it. I don't know what their instructions are but in other states they are changing into their scrubs when arriving and before leaving. My daughter wears her flight suit to and from normally, IDK if she still is though.

I sent her some Sabre Red in a couple of different carry configurations.

A post went around on FB supposedly from the OU security telling them to be on alert and that the nursing staff would be changing at the hospitals.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, this was supposedly e-mailed out to OU Edmond. I can not confirm it but I have read news reports of it happening in other cities so I believe it to be true.

Intel.jpg

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Tanis143 be as safe as you can man. If you gotta go to a house I would be dragging out an extension cord and hooking up at your dmark. Then set it on the porch and call them from your van while wiping down with a clorox wipe. Think outside the house and the box.

Oh yeah, us field techs haven't been in a house since Wed of last week. If we can't fix it outside, or walk a customer through it over the phone via teleconference app, it doesn't get fixed. I had more than a few customer's i couldn't get online even though I wanted to, even with them begging and pleading, offering me money, yelling etc that they need online access for their job. It sucked, and I hated to do it, but it is what it is. As of tomorrow I won't even be going to homes, just sitting in an cubicle doing the teleconferencing app trying to get stuff fixed.

Once the worst of all this passes we are going to be slammed trying to get this growing backlog of problems fixed along with all the new w/o's, installs, etc. I forsee lots of mandatory overtime in my future.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, this was supposedly e-mailed out to OU Edmond. I can not confirm it but I have read news reports of it happening in other cities so I believe it to be true.

View attachment 158376
Really smart of them to broadcast the shift change times when they're talking about crazies shooting at nurses outside of the hospital. I mean, come on!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really smart of them to broadcast the shift change times when they're talking about crazies shooting at nurses outside of the hospital. I mean, come on!!!

I do not think it was meant to be shared on FB. Not sure who did the first time but I saw it shared from a police scanner group. I do agree they should have never mentioned the times but I think most people know them anyway.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not think it was meant to be shared on FB. Not sure who did the first time but I saw it shared from a police scanner group. I do agree they should have never mentioned the times but I think most people know them anyway.
Yeah, I can see that. But these days we can't be too careful. There are definitely some nut jobs out there.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Correct.

If you’re a medical professional or the family to such an individual, I also wouldn’t be worried based upon the “info” that was leaked. Go about business as usual and keep up the good fight against this damn virus. We’re grateful!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to nurses, our "next door" neighbors in the RV park moved out yesterday. She is a traveling nurse and has spent the last year working in Ada. Her year "contract" for Ada expired a few days ago, and now they are headed for Kansas City.

Not sure whether she was really happy about going to the bigger city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom