OHP Trooper Arrested For DUI After On-Duty Crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say. I try not to cop bash only to be refuted by cop bashers. This represents that. The world has been destroyed by Platonists. I should have known that going in.

Face it, ignernt, old buddy ... you are in an untenable situation ... even if you are attempting an honest dialogue somebody always comes along who's so much more clever ... and they are so willing to make that point so clear that they will show their ass every single solitary time ...

welcome to my world ... :P

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll have to disagree there - a police officer who's drunk while on duty deserves to be lambasted. He represents the force of law with his badge and arresting powers, so to be drunk during such a time is NOT kosher.

And to be driving a vehicle while drunk? That's not funny in any way, shape, or form, police officer or not. He's very fortunate no one was hurt or killed because of his stupidity.

I concur ... and with that I've got things to do ... like check into the yoga thread ... Y'all try to not get too outta hand while I'm gone, huh? :wink2:

Oh ... and 53convert is right ...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im glad to see this still aint locked. Im not one for putting people on pedestals. A Dude was working under the influence, now there will be consequences for his actions. The law applies to us all equally or it should. Nobody ought to get special treatment or a pass. Most companies would fire his azz.

Polls show we all may use bad judgement occassionally. Sometimes its against the law and sometimes it ain't.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He gone, or at least he should be. DUI is a disqualifying event for employment in many "sensitive" positions, I was turned down for a job in IT with tulsa county one time because I would be working with court records and I have had a DUI arrest. It should be the same for state troopers.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've known this young man since he was in high school. His goal even then was to join the OHP and his friends called him "Super Trooper". He achieved his dream, and now -WTF???

:screwy:

Cedar Creek

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno. I'm kinda a lightweight too and I get to the passing out point when most, even moderate, drinkers are just getting started. Where's tRidiot when you need him? I bet he could answer that question ... physiologically speaking, anyway ...

Meh... it's too highly variable to predict, really. I've seen people passing out/puking down their lungs kinda drunk and have a BAC of less than 100, and people walking around talking with mildly slurred speech and slight ataxic gait at 500+. Certainly regular consumption affects it, but everyone reacts to it a little differently. And even the same person will be affected differently at the same BAD based on other factors of the day, somehow. I can't really explain it, but it just isn't predictable, unfortunately.

<edit> Oh, and I think I've taken care of jstaylor62's avatar more than a few times.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have to say it... Did anyone ask the motorboat "Where were you going?".

Hate to have someone screw up and lose a job, but that is a pretty big screw up.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't get the news story when you don't do your job incorrectly either.

If one doesn't do their job incorrectly, aren't they doing it right?:wink2:

We'll have to disagree there - a police officer who's drunk while on duty deserves to be lambasted.

And one has to wonder how many DUIs this guy has issued to others......

Latest posts

Top Bottom