OK Dental Mission of Mercy: Lawton Feb 9-10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Figured I'd post this for anyone interested.

This year's Dental Mission of Mercy will take place on Feb 9 and 10 in Lawton at the Great Plains Coliseum.

This is a two day event that provides free dental work for basically anyone who shows up.

There is no charge for the work provided.

All of the providers are volunteers.

Fillings, cleanings, Extractions, some root canals, kids.

Bear in mind that this will be a large, open event

https://www.okmom.org/?fbclid=IwAR2nLNvYWL0yLqSKtQ3vYHoOJHwGOoBL7ZMyCB78-fBRWba88m-3-3WQ2K8

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dental care is one of the last things on the horizon for a lot of people...until they are in pain. Other things have a far greater priority. Teeth are like a good wife. You don't miss them until they're gone.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I volunteered when this was held in Stillwater a few years ago. The docs and assistants are doing a good thing!
If you are near by and can go help, please do.....lots of help needed.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dental care is one of the last things on the horizon for a lot of people...until they are in pain. Other things have a far greater priority. Teeth are like a good wife. You don't miss them until they're gone.
I have all my own teeth. I paid for them, they are mine.
I put them in a glass every night so I can admire them.

On the serious side, I never realized how much, better I would feel after having all those, broken, mis-aligned teeth pulled. Took me 3 years to get it done. The old teeth pulled and dentures made because of insurance limits but it was worth it. Just had the hard liners done so still getting them ground to fit which can be a multi-visit chore but worth it in the end. Uppers already fit without glue and are comfortable enough I forget I am wearing them. Bottom is a work in progress.

I also did not know just how crooked my jaw is until I saw what they had to do with my bottom denture to make it line up. One side is a tooth longer than the other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom