OK2A taking a hard stand against Fallon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I dont think fallin would ask them to make her look weaker than she already appeared. I thing the flood of phone calls and emails from voters is what did it.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

I don't either.
Bingman and others in the Senate were running cover for her. It's highly "frowned upon" for the governor to be overridden by her own party. Just another sign of cronyism over representation of us.

KTOK just played a soundbite with Bingman stating that he wanted to introduce another bill (start over) or do something on a CR or some such. The override was not something he wanted to do, he actually said that. He also said that the House wouldn't go along with it, so the net effect was that he was forced into the override. Good for the House!

Edit: I also agree that it may have been our calls and emails.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Provided the bill passed both houses with limited time left in this year's session the new bill would probably have been the better option. The plan was to include all three of the vetoed pro-liberty bills into one and run them through both houses and an indication from the governor that she would sign them. Calls and emails must have had a positive impact. At least one good gun bill will survive this year. Now to get HJR1026 passed.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Provided the bill passed both houses with limited time left in this year's session the new bill would probably have been the better option. The plan was to include all three of the vetoed pro-liberty bills into one and run them through both houses and an indication from the governor that she would sign them. Calls and emails must have had a positive impact. At least one good gun bill will survive this year. Now to get HJR1026 passed.

They could have overrode her on the other two also had they wanted to. All 15 of them for that matter as all the work was done and they had already been passed both houses. Bottom line is they didn't WANT to pass them, they were basically forced to pass this one due to the outcry.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
I called my Senator and told them that overriding the governess' veto of these bills is the only legitimate means to resolve this situation and that I expect the Senate to act accordingly. If the Senate does not take that course of action, I requested that my Senator vote against Marlatt, Shulz and Bingman next time they are up for election to leadership positions in the Senate, then I forwarded that message on to Shulz, Marlatt and Bingman. Maybe that will get their attention?

Did the same with my senator this morning. I cc'd Schulz, Bingman and Marlatt too.

I'd like to think that the threat of this jeopardizing Senate leadership positions next session made them reconsider and vote to override.

Kudos to the House for standing their ground and not caving in to the BS plan to provide the Governess an opportunity to provide political cover for her outrageously botched vetoes.

Sorry Contrary Mary, but this isn't a golf game and you don't get a mulligan.

If Mattress Mary really wanted to try to redeem herself with 2A supporters, she'd show up, stand tall, be accountable, answer for her actions and explain herself at this meeting, but she doesn't seem to be on the list of attendees:

http://ok2ahour.org/2014/04/28/gubinatorial-us-senate-candidates-to-speak-at-okc-meeting/

Latest posts

Top Bottom