OK2A taking a hard stand against Fallon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Awesome!
http://capitolbeatok.com/reports/pr...-ok-house-votes-to-override-gov-fallin-s-veto
“That’s the definition of stupid and that’s exactly what Mary Fallin did Tuesday. *To some my use of the word stupid might seem harsh or disrespectful. *How else would you describe the Governor’s actions? *Misguided? *Misinformed? *Not well thought out? *With all due respect, I think I’ll stick with stupid.”
Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure some apologist will be along shortly to tell us how Mary Mary Quite Contrary is right while the overwhelming majority of the legislative body was wrong... :rolleyes2

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She's just showing her true colors which she's spent a lifetime perfecting.."a rich, spoiled brat who, even as an adult, acts like a pissy little child when she doesn't get her way". Frankly I'm surprised she made it this long without throwing a hissy fit that would make a 5 year old proud. She made up for it now though.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
In her brief veto message, Gov. Fallin asserted H.B. 2461 attempted to regulate the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and explosives. However, Gillepsie said, “This bill had absolutely nothing to do with the ATF or FBI. It regulated the chief LEO.”

State Rep. Joe Dorman, D-Rush Springs, supported the measure when it passed initially. Dorman, seeking the Democratic party nomination for governor in the June 24 primary, has an A+ rating from the Oklahoma Rifle Association, the NRA affiliate.

Wednesday evening, in response to Oklahoma Watchdog’s questions, Dorman said, “Mary Fallin's veto once again shows she chose politics over the rights of gun owners. Her action on this bill treated Second Amendment supporters as insignificant and unimportant.”

Dorman characterized the wave of vetoes early this week as a “gubernatorial temper tantrum.”

The rural Democrat previously joined the conservative push for repeal of the Common Core curriculum. After backing Common Core previously, Fallin has issued an executive order protecting the state’s curriculum control, and has supported repeal of the controversial curriculum.

Gillespie said he and OK2A’s vice president discussed the bill and two other vetoed measures with the governor’s staff, explaining the focus on “LEOs” should not be confused with federal agencies.

In a widely distributed release Tuesday, Gillespie wrote, “What is the definition of stupid? When a governor of a conservative state vetoes two Second Amendment bills on an election year while facing a conservative Democrat.

And that right there is how the cow ate the cabbage. It doesn't just speak truth to power, it screams it. I like it!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She really did show her true colors on this one. Saying these bills weren't significant. She doesn't give a crap about us. This ain't the only thing she has done that is bad. Really sad.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't think she was a great governor before, but didn't have a strong opinion either way. Now, I can tell you it made me look at the options come Nov, and I can say without a doubt I will be support Joe Dorman this Nov. A+ rating with the NRA and pro-education. Whether you are a (D) or (R) you should take a look at him. Now here's to hoping that the senate follows the house and overrides the vetos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom