OKC Sportsmans Country Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have openings available right now. Great time to join the club before Turkey season as well as spring fishing.

Give me a call or send me a PM if you are interested

Thanks,
Brandon Deaver
405-618-2419

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We currently have about 62,000 acres of land leased throughout the state. For the initial sign up it is $500 and then $130 dollars per month.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$2k a year is a damn high price to pay for hunting property that is probably way further than I would be willing to drive for a hunt. What is the benefit of this as opposed to say, getting a killer lease for $1500 a year close to home? Do you guys keep feeders or cameras on the property? Is it year-round access whenever people want to go, or do you have to sign up for a specific property on a specific weekend?

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is year round access. The advantage to the Club versus getting a single lease, is that we have 62,000 acres to choose from all over the state. The Club takes care of the negotiations with the land owner, and all you do is go hunt. We make reservations for a lease, but there is not a problem getting a reservation. We do this to not overcrowd leases, and also because it gives the landowner assurance of who is on the property.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and you have to draw for deer hunting spot,then after three days you have to move to a different lease, so there is no way to scout and set up stands cause you dont know where you'll draw. It's also strange how the officers of the club always manage to draw the best spots. if you like politics then join, if you want to hunt and have a lttle control over your own hunt get a lease

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is year round access. The advantage to the Club versus getting a single lease, is that we have 62,000 acres to choose from all over the state. The Club takes care of the negotiations with the land owner, and all you do is go hunt. We make reservations for a lease, but there is not a problem getting a reservation. We do this to not overcrowd leases, and also because it gives the landowner assurance of who is on the property.

One of the main advantages of having a lease is the ability to work the property, lay out food plots, put up cameras, and know that when you show up to the property that monster that's on your game cam is gonna be yours and yours alone.

Guess this just seems like a place for hunters who don't know how to work a property to go out and shoot whatever comes out of the woods. Like I mentioned, most of those 62,000 acres are gonna be further than anyone really wants to drive, so most people are only going to take advantage of the properties closest to them. Without the ability to scout, tend to, and set up on the property for days or weeks, just seems like a ridiculously high price to pay for the off-chance you might stumble on something to shoot.

There's 650 million acres of public land in our state, and its all free. Sure, some of it is going to have hunting pressure, but since this seems like you have no more freedoms thru the club than hunting public land minus some pressure, I guess I just don't see the value in it, especially for more money than you'd pay for your own lease.

Latest posts

Top Bottom