OKCGC, rifle range at Action Pistol closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know about this? The rifle range at the end of the Action Pistol bays is closed until further notice. Bummer, it's my favorite place to shoot.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I have heard, it will likely not open back up. Because of the topographic drop downrange, the berms are considered unsafe and would need to be built much higher.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I have heard, it will likely not open back up. Because of the topographic drop downrange, the berms are considered unsafe and would need to be built much higher.

I've posted on this before. The rocky terrain, and what OKCHunter said is true. There is a rock hump in the middle of the range that is causing rounds to leave the range.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope it can at least be turned into a shotgun-only area in lieu of being totally shut down. It is easily the best place at OKCGC to shoot. Or maybe was...

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is really unfortunate. That area is what I used 90% of the time at the club. I've taught a buddy's wife how to shoot her new AR at distance correctly there and even helped make a 35 year old vegan hippy chick that didn't like evil black rifles or guns in general ecstatic about them and wanting her own after talking her into first round hits on the 100yd steel and a 3rd round hit on the 300yd steel.

That was a supremely useful area and I hope it can still be modified for use in some way.

Ek :ugh2:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is really unfortunate. That area is what I used 90% of the time at the club. I've taught a buddy's wife how to shoot her new AR at distance correctly there and even helped make a 35 year old vegan hippy chick that didn't like evil black rifles or guns in general ecstatic about them and wanting her own after talking her into first round hits on the 100yd steel and a 3rd round hit on the 300yd steel.

That was a supremely useful area and I hope it can still be modified for use in some way.

Ek :ugh2:

How about "EK's playground and camping area."

Im betting TLC would be interested in a show to run up against Discovery's Naked and Afraid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom