OKC's Food Truck Scene: Legit or Lame?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never really had the desire to eat from a food truck. It reminds me of standing in line at the fair or local carnival waiting too long (I hate standing in lines that long and slow) for food that is just "ok" and have to stand there eating because there is no place to sit. Maybe I should go try it and my opinion would change, but that's how I feel about them for now.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We now have a permanent food truck park call Bleu Garten near where H&8th is at. It's a place where various food truck can park and setup shop everyday. There's been live music and random fun stuff that go on. It's basically a mini H&8th that happens every day LOL.

The website has a calendar with a schedule of what food trucks will be there. http://www.bleugarten.com

Hey thanks for bringing this up. I had not heard of it. I'll be making a trip now.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never really had the desire to eat from a food truck. It reminds me of standing in line at the fair or local carnival waiting too long (I hate standing in lines that long and slow) for food that is just "ok" and have to stand there eating because there is no place to sit. Maybe I should go try it and my opinion would change, but that's how I feel about them for now.
Like Ive said, never tried the trucks in OKC, but in Tulsa we have some super high quality foods to choose from in the trucks down here. Reminds me of some trucks back in CA. 2 I already mentioned. Even the hotdog truck has some high quality one of a kind items. One chef I know of with a truck in Tulsa comes to Norman once a week to teach culinary classes and her truck has some quality gourmet. Mangiomos, Andolini's, Lolas, Lone Wolf, Teri Fermos Bohemian are all standouts IMO, plus many more. There are some state fair type trucks too if you want that stuff.

Schedules here: https://www.facebook.com/TulsaFoodTrucks/app_599788450050788

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love our food trucks. Some are just meh, but there's a few gems in the bunch. My favorite is probably Off The Hook. Their Smothered Seafood Fries are most excellent.

Shrimp, crawfish, crab, clams, and I think one other bit of meat (not fish) covering fries with green onions, lobster sauce, Sriracha, and some other shizz

Roach

Latest posts

Top Bottom