Okla Homeowner Ends Criminal’s Crime Spree

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having worked around the law enforcement field & attorneys for a long time... I highly suggest that you never use the 'Shoot to kill" statement in any of your discussions on-line. Heaven forbid, if you ever do have to use your weapon and kill someone.. and the county prosecutor or the deceased guy's family gets hold of those comments... your screwed!

Say What? :scratch:

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is the sad state that our law system and country have sunken to. Where you can actually be held liable for what you said in a forum and being confronted by a guy that breaks into your house after all the other crime spree activities of the day and in their past history. Oh forgot, not suppose to look at the persons past to determine what his state of mind is today. Black and white has sure turned a lot of shades of grey, mostly resembling piles of excriment in a cow pasture.

cfw2000

Marksman
Reaction score
Let me add something to the never say "shoot to kill" as it can come back to haunt you. Think twice before making gratuitous racist remarks. For example, if you ever have to defend your home against, say a Hispanic intruder, and you empty your Glock in him, the intruder's family lawyer and the district attorney's office investigator will ask everyone whoever knew you if you ever made racist or disparaging remarks about "Mexicans." No matter how much you say you feared for your life, those remarks just may sway the jury in a wrongful death lawsuit against you, not to mention what might happen in a criminal trial.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let me add something to the never say "shoot to kill" as it can come back to haunt you. Think twice before making gratuitous racist remarks. For example, if you ever have to defend your home against, say a Hispanic intruder, and you empty your Glock in him, the intruder's family lawyer and the district attorney's office investigator will ask everyone whoever knew you if you ever made racist or disparaging remarks about "Mexicans." No matter how much you say you feared for your life, those remarks just may sway the jury in a wrongful death lawsuit against you, not to mention what might happen in a criminal trial.
This seems to be true more and more every day. The sad thing is even if you are the worlds most evil racist it should not influence a good shoot where you were in fear for your life. If you shoot a person just raped your wife and your three legged dog the fact that you are known to hate that persons race should not have any bearing on the case. But we all know that it will in some way or another.

Michael

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1... It is being reported that the investigators who are looking into Zimmerman and if the shooting was racially motivated have gone back a long long ways into Zimmerman's facebook postings.... forums he had been on... and even interviewed co-workers, his ex girlfriend and neighbors to see if they had ever heard him make a racist joke or comment. They found one comment he had made about Mexicans.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm defending myself in my own home I'm going to call them every disparaging slur in the book.(I may even invent some new compound words to boot.)
My definition of Shoot to Stop is death. it's just symantics(sp).

Fortunately disparaging slurs reveal more about the utterer than the disparaged.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom