Oklahoma Drivers License now requires fingerprints from right and left index fingers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Brother is alive and well in Oklahoma ..
Obtaining an Oklahoma Drivers License now requires fingerprints from right and left index fingers and facial recognition quality photo.

Oklahoma is one of the few states that requires everyone that wants a drivers license to give up their bio data. no telling who has access to that private data and/or if your bio-metric data can be sold to private parties.

IMHO mandatory collection of bio-metric data from private citizens that's committed no crime violates our rights against unreasonable search and seizure.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found this out in December when I transfer my out of state license over. IIRC they also took a thumb print. I was actually printed and photographed twice; once at DMV and then again at the tag agency. Only state I've been to that requires you to apply at one place and pick up your license somewhere else

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We can do both at our local tag agency's. I had to give the thumb print at my renewal.
I stand to be corrected, but I think its the way Oklahoma tries to reduce the number of forged DL's.

As a person that had a vehicle totaled out by an illegal immigrant with fake credentials several years ago, Where we never got re-imbursed, I'm thinking this isn't a bad deal.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never liked the fingerprint part of the OK DL every since they started doing it. On the plus side of things though, it's what prompted me to go ahead with my carry permit. Figured the state already had my fingerprints, so giving them another set didn't seem like a big deal.

I am however all for doing away with the fingerprint requirement for both. I do not view driving as a privilege so much as I view it an essential part of living in most areas of this state. A person can't really afford to "just not drive" because they don't want their biometrics collected. As for the carry permit, I take issue with having to have a license to exercise my rights anyway. It's all geared around database building and yet another form of control.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, we need to get rid of the biometric crap ASAP. I was pissed when they first started taking prints for DLs. Of course I had to give my full prints to practice my chosen profession, and I've been to jail a few times, so it's already out there for me. Oh well, we do have a fallback if they misuse this stuff...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to give my finger prints when in the Army so my body could be identified. As I understand it now the military folks have to give DNA samples as well. They are on file anyway, so what the heck? They also do dental exams when enlisting as a third way of identification.

High explosives don't leave much to identify.

My kids got fingerprinted with my permission when they were young to help identify them. I did get to keep the cards though. Have them on file.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My prints are already in the system from when I got my CCW permit, so it did not bother me that much. It was disconcerting overall to see the direction our society is heading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom