Oklahoma Drivers License now requires fingerprints from right and left index fingers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My prints are already in the system from when I got my CCW permit, so it did not bother me that much. It was disconcerting overall to see the direction our society is heading.

same here .. it needs to be pointed out difference between sending your prints to OSBI vs a private contractor like tag offices having access to what should be private bio-metric data.

NO telling who where this data will end up and/or to what other private parties our bio-metric data will be sold to.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the point in doing this? I don't see how it can be used. Maybe I need to buy some more superglue.

It can be used for AFIS. Automated Fingerprint Identity System. Any prints found on a crime scene can be searched through this database and compared with other databases. It has been in existence for quite some time.

What makes me uncomfortable is going to H&H and depending on what you buy, (like primers and powder) will swipe your DL through a reader. If you say no, sale is denied.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm meh about fingerprints for driver's licenses. My DNA and prints are very well documented, LOL.

I'm curious how many who are against, or nervous about, fingerprinting for driver's licenses are in the camp that supports voter ID laws.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm meh about fingerprints for driver's licenses. My DNA and prints are very well documented, LOL.

I'm curious how many who are against, or nervous about, fingerprinting for driver's licenses are in the camp that supports voter ID laws.

Personally, I'm in favor of the 'purple thumb' plan.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Big Brother is alive and well in Oklahoma ..
Obtaining an Oklahoma Drivers License now requires fingerprints from right and left index fingers and facial recognition quality photo.

Oklahoma is one of the few states that requires everyone that wants a drivers license to give up their bio data. no telling who has access to that private data and/or if your bio-metric data can be sold to private parties.

IMHO mandatory collection of bio-metric data from private citizens that's committed no crime violates our rights against unreasonable search and seizure.

Guess its part of the whole new world order idea that some have warned foreseen.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys know but you also gotta' do it just to get a driver's learner permit.
I'm not understanding why they're doing this but there's nothing I could do about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom