Oklahoma house OKs bill for permit free open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One word, Stupid. No standards = mental illness idiots, felons, illegals, are all on the streets threatening us in the open. :smash:Makes for huge increase in violence. God when will the legislature stop throwing idiot stuff at us instead of fixing the billion dollar shortage in our general fund.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One word, Stupid. No standards = mental illness idiots, felons, illegals, are all on the streets threatening us in the open. :smash:Makes for huge increase in violence. God when will the legislature stop throwing idiot stuff at us instead of fixing the billion dollar shortage in our general fund.

There are standards, read the proposed legislation. If you are a prohibited person, permit-less carry doesn't apply to you.

But I agree there are more pressing things the state legislature should be working on.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are already prohibited from possessing firearms so they are therefore not eligible for permit less carry, just like they are not eligible for concealed carry. They can concealed carry all day long, but they are doing so in violation of the law...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like they already do. Can't see this would make any difference at all in that regard.

That's my point. Boatz is saying its a bad law because it doesn't prevent illegals from carrying openly....as if illegals are inclined to follow the law.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well why is this law not making the illegal carry of a firearm MORE embolden to do so because basically anyone carrying will not be suspect or questioned any more. Basically the lawless, illegals, and x cons can say "hey with everyone on the streets carrying now we can too and never draw any unwanted attention. As more people open carry law enforcement has far less motivation to question who may or may not be legal. For instance a traffic stop takes place. The law enforcement officer will not have any reason to question the firearm the thug, illegal, or other lawless individual has with them in open view. Also it puts the law enforcement officer in a HUGE disadvantage because he/she will confront sooooooooooooooooo many people with them in open view. The officer will be much more likely to be shot as soon as they approach because an auto stop or other situation there would be no reason to confront the perpetrator in the car. Hey I just can see a buttload more killings of law enforcement now because this just further complicates their situation.
Also, when I see someone oc in public I am most of us are learning to be a bit more comfortable because at least there is a decent chance the person has been through a cc course. With this law none of us have ANY idea if the op carry guy is legal or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom