Oklahoma Judge Orders Wind Turbines Removed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think This is the same company that came to my county and promised a whole bunch of jobs and economic activity and how great it would be for the schools etc. Then they hired all out of state contractors etc and didn't create any jobs either. And then after they got it built they refused to pay property tax unless they got some swearheart deal. Our school went nuts and built o whole bunch of buildings a gym etc...guess who got stuck with the bills? I don't feel sorry for them now!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We heard about a guy living up east of Colorado Springs that has his home near a wind turbine. (I don't know if it is a major "farm" or just a few.) Anyway, he complained of seeming to have health issues because of the turbines, and I guess it maybe affected his critters.

Then, when he tried to sell his place, no one wanted to buy it.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Mayflower, AR, they had a major pipeline rupture in 2013, the folks there haven't been too impressed.
I'm not defending windmills, just trying to show that the oil spills have a tremendous impact, and the oil companies have to be pressed hard to make things right.
Most pipelines aren’t owned by oil companies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only IF you are a multi million dollar corporation. Thankfully every square INCH of my family land has matching mineral rights attached. This lawsuit borders BS.....
No, it's part of the tribal agreement the US Government signed when giving the Osage Tribe that area as tribal land. I live in Osage County. I knew the rules before moving here. We own the top 12" of topsoil. That's it. The tribe owns all mineral rights.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's part of the tribal agreement the US Government signed when giving the Osage Tribe that area as tribal land. I live in Osage County. I knew the rules before moving here. We own the top 12" of topsoil. That's it. The tribe owns all mineral rights.
Thankfully thats not the SOP in Caddo County

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom