Oklahoma ousts offensive personalized plates: A look at the 300 denied plates in 2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — If you want to celebrate your love of beer or marijuana, you won't be able to do that with a personalized plate.

From violent to sexual to drug-related, Service Oklahoma rejected nearly 300 personalized license plates last year, a small sliver of the more than 57,000 personalized auto and motorcycle plates they issued.

FOX 25 obtained a list from the agency that includes rejected tags like "405BREW", "TH3-H0E", and "FATTY".

Some other plates were denied due to political connotations like "FKJOEB" and "2313827" (President Trump's booking number in a Georgia jail).

Two people tried to get a personalized plate that was inspired by a scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation: "SHTRSFL" and "SHTRFL". Both were denied.

Personalized license plates are typically denied if they:

• Carry a sexual connotation
  • Express contempt, ridicule or superiority based on race, gender, politics, ethnic heritage, or religion
  • Are vulgar, derogatory, profane or obscene
  • Refers to bodily functions, bodily fluids, or intimate body parts
  • Refers to alcohol, drugs or drug paraphernalia, illegal activities or gangs
  • Would otherwise be inappropriate for display on a state-issued license plate
(The rest of the cancelled plates at link. I didn't post them because they are too trashy.)

https://ktul.com/news/local/oklahom...ol-weed-marijuana-ketamine-hoe-brew-politics#

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of those are quite obscure. Does Service Oklahoma pay someone to sit there and ponder the possible meaning of every plate application?

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 4.00.35 PM.png

I was always surprised that I got this through DMV...

Latest posts

Top Bottom