Okshooters Trout Fishing Trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where we fishing??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be good with Feb 5th. I voted Lower illinois also, That is the only place I have fished for trout. I have a friend that went to Robbers Cave and said he wont go back. He perfers the rivers that you can wade in.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, i have never been to robbers cave. i have fished watonga aka roman nose, mt. fork. and blue river.. mt. fork is by far my fav., but roman nose has always let me limit out, so i can complain to much..... and roman nose is a lake, so you use bait and sit there. i like to wade also, but it can be a pain sometimes.... im down for whatever, just get me away from my pregnant wife please!!!! lol..

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the LIR is slippery like LMF. Better have some good boots. Felt with studs is best. My new boots are studs only but are better built than the old ones. A lot of people fish the LIR so on a busy day certain spots get pounded pretty good. I started in one spot and was able to hit several spots I fish because hardly any people were downstream when I was there.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some planned trips to Louisiana hunting Conservation Geese with dates only tentative at the moment. Provided I'm not in Louisiana, I should be able to make this no matter where. I have been flyfishing since I was 8 years old. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I go, and dustingaunder isn't there, I'd be willing to take a newbie flyfisherman with me to help them out. He hasn't replied to this thread and I did tell him I would help him out if we could ever meet up to fish.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, i bought a fly rod and tried it for like 15 min. at LMF. then i said not for me. that stuff is hard!! i can cast it no problem, i just can't hook the fish!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom