Old pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tully

Marksman
Reaction score
I read a lot on here but don't post much. Got to thinking about an old pistol I used to own and thought I'd share and look for comments.
Back in the 60's when I was a teenager I lived in West Texas with my uncle. We were living in the desert close to El Paso. It was place and time where a lot openly wore a pistol. Since I didn't have a gun he said he'd sell me one of his. For $15 I got a Webley .455 and 500 rounds of 45 ammo. OLD ammo. Some brass was split, some so old only the primer would fire leaving the round in the barrel. He gave me a Ace hand loader but told me to toss the ones that were Berdan (sp?) primer type as they would not reload. The revolver used half moon clips to hold the 45's in place in the .455 chamber. The brass would expand when fired so it had to be sweged back to size when reloading. Had a lot of fun with that old pistol. BTW, flying bats are dang near impossible to hit with a pistol. Don't ask me how I know.

Years later when I was living in town my place was burglarized. I lost the pistol and a jar full of silver coins and silver certificate $1's and $5's.
Anyway, just thought I share this story with you.

Tully

Latest posts

Top Bottom