Olive oil in a smoker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In fact I have a couple big cookie sheets in the oven now with zucchini chips sprayed with extra virgin olive oil. They bake at 225 so that oil works perfect. I use pure for most cooking. Speaking of zucchini chips, I wonder how these would be seasoned with Old Bay? I like it on popcorn at times so it might work on these.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I use olive oil I just do not like oil on my salads or bread.
Rick…….. were you lying then or are you lying now? :laugh6:
3B4D68AD-9E45-4551-80D2-1E22AAC308C2.jpeg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick…….. were you lying then or are you lying now? :laugh6:View attachment 287205
There is a difference between the pure olive oil which I use for a lot of cooking, or the Extra Virgin olive oil I was asking about.. I had never used it before. I did use it today on some zucchini chips that cook at 225 and I will be using it when I use the smoker for chicken. Once the bottle I was given is gone I will go back to my old ways. I really do not need 4 types of cooking oil.

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a difference between the pure olive oil which I use for a lot of cooking, or the Extra Virgin olive oil I was asking about.. I had never used it before. I did use it today on some zucchini chips that cook at 2225 and I will be using it when I use the smoker for chicken. Once the bottle I was given is gone I will go back to my old ways. I really do not need 4 types of cooking oil.
I only use 3 types of oil, EVOO, Avocado, and Ghee, stocked up on all three of those

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a difference between the pure olive oil which I use for a lot of cooking, or the Extra Virgin olive oil I was asking about.. I had never used it before. I did use it today on some zucchini chips that cook at 2225 and I will be using it when I use the smoker for chicken. Once the bottle I was given is gone I will go back to my old ways. I really do not need 4 types of cooking oil.
FYI, differences in pure olive oil, virgin olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, etc., etc., etc.

https://caviarstar.com/blogthe-difference-between-pure-olive-oil-and-extra-virgin-olive-oil/

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

For health reasons EVOO should be included in your daily diet. Its the healthiest cooking oil you can find.

Latest posts

Top Bottom