One Reason why "Field Testing" Vests Isn't a Good Idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A similar thing happened in Tulsa many years ago. A vest salesman had his associate stab the vest he was wearing. It worked the first time but when the salesman insisted the associate stab him again the vest failed, much to the dismay of all the potential clients in attendance.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A similar thing happened in Tulsa many years ago. A vest salesman had his associate stab the vest he was wearing. It worked the first time but when the salesman insisted the associate stab him again the vest failed, much to the dismay of all the potential clients in attendance.

Guess he "got the point". (Sorry, not making fun of the injury, just the stupidity.)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid and bought a used shotgun for $8.00 or so, I'd tie it to a sawhorse and a string on the trigger and me behind a tree to test the shotgun. Never got hurt. Always test something first like shoddy says.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This reminded me of an incident immediately following Desert Storm. A soldier decided to try out his flak jacket by placing a grenade beneath it and standing there while it went off. I know he died. It's been 25 years and I've slept since then, and I can't find an online reference, but I think there were several soldiers standing around it at the time. Anyone else here remember that one?

This is a legit, combat-related one that ended well for his squad mates, if not for him. Main guy and another were both from Oklahoma. Sorry if you already know about this one, but I didn't.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB108543666009520024

Latest posts

Top Bottom