Oops... Osprey HGMR red/green holo-sight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do agree with SOME stuff being "good for the money". But I like to know my stuff can and will survive hard abuse. The Millett was ok and I think was built fairly well, but it weighed a freaking ton.

Couldn't agree more...DMS-1 in a 1-piece mount is monstrously heavy. I'm thinking about doing away with the setup, too, and it's not even on my "SHTF" gun.

OP, if it craps the bed, try to get your money back and spend it on a primary arms red dot. You won't be let down by them. From my experiences, they're the only viable option < $350.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would sell the LaRue... BUT the plan is to get a Trijicon TR24 and put in it!

I do agree with SOME stuff being "good for the money". But I like to know my stuff can and will survive hard abuse. The Millett was ok and I think was built fairly well, but it weighed a freaking ton. And my rifle isn't light to begin with. The ACOG I ordered weighs half as much with a mount than the Millett by itself.

Online reviews are good places to start. I have ordered some things from several different companies and I will share the companies and brands that I like. There are some companies that are small but serve well. I am not MIL-LE and don't try to be. I just like quality stuff! :preocc:

That TR24 is only 4oz lighter than the Millet. I think pretty much any variable-power optic is going to be over 10-12oz unless you get into specific light-weight stuff (Leupold's scout scope is one of them).

I'll go ahead and admit that I'm jealous of the ACOG though - that's awesome man.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That TR24 is only 4oz lighter than the Millet. I think pretty much any variable-power optic is going to be over 10-12oz unless you get into specific light-weight stuff (Leupold's scout scope is one of them).

I'll go ahead and admit that I'm jealous of the ACOG though - that's awesome man.

True about the weight.

But Trijicon anything > Millett anything. :naughty:

I ordered the ACOG from... who do ya think??? LARUE!!!!!!!

It was one of the better deals out there because it included a LaRue mount. There are cheaper ones on equipment exchanges and classifieds but I wanted new. They are behind 7-10 days on their mounts so hopefully sometime next week I get it. :boxing3:

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered an ACOG and you're son is more than welcome to give it a go if I'm ever up that way.

He would probably damn near lose his mind with excitement if he got to shoot with an ACOG :hyper: That would be great, let me know if your ever around one of the Tulsa area ranges and I'll bring my "toys" and some extra ammo!

EZB said:
Then again, that thing might be perfectly fine man.

Knock on wood man!

I will be a customer service nightmare if I have any problems with them honoring their "lifetime warranty". I doubt I could get my money back as it was a cash and carry...no receipt
I'll grab the camera and post some pics to show what I'm talking about with the circuit board.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_ar_15_DSC_0300.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y5_seedy_ar_15_DSC_0299.jpg

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTF man, is that an exposed wire?

Yep. I believe it is.

Damn salesperson musta had me :hypnotize: to miss that...

I'm already looking forward to having to contact Osprey for Warranty issues. When it breaks (I don't think it's gonna be an "if") the real test will be to see if they honor their Lifetime Warranty, or not.

If they will honor their warranty, then I will most likely get my monies worth of use out of it...either on my AR, or my son's .22

I've wanted an AR for plinking and in case the Zombies attacked/SHTF, So my plan was to run iron sights all along...this was definitely an impulse buy. I think it will be fine for plinking...

...but IF the SHTF or the Zombies did attack...I'd be ripping that thing off ASAP. :smack:

Now you can all commence pointing and laughing! :laugh6::laugh6::laugh6:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that actually looks crappier than my NCStar red/green holo sight that I used to have on my AK! I think I only paid 40 bucks for that thing. Its actually held up pretty well... it is now on one of my friends' ARs.

At least you bought some iron sights too! looks like you might be needing them soon! ;)

Its happened to the best of us dude.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more...DMS-1 in a 1-piece mount is monstrously heavy. I'm thinking about doing away with the setup, too, and it's not even on my "SHTF" gun.

OP, if it craps the bed, try to get your money back and spend it on a primary arms red dot. You won't be let down by them. From my experiences, they're the only viable option < $350.

You might also want to check out a Vortex Strikefire, they have them at OPS so you can look (with a now more experienced eye) before you buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom