Opinions on Micro Eagle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking @ the Keltec & the LCP for the wife to carry after relizing the 642 I bought for her has a little more punch than I thought[she has had surgerys for tendon release & carpal tunnel }so I was looking for something that wouldnt kick as much. RJ's said that both of those guns would kick as much or more due to being so lite,so he said I should look @ a heavier steel frame gun to take alittle of the abuse out of it .I know this is a little pricier but what does anyone think about it,or suggestions for other similar models of a good quality .

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Sig P238? It is a metal "1911" style .380 ACP that shoots beautifully. I bought my Two Tone at Outdoor America in OKC for $398 + tax. I know Discount Guns in Purcell has th tow tone with night sights for $479 and the standard sights for $449.

okienate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strongly suggest you stay away from the Micro Eagle.

Yes, it will be one of the heaviest "small frame .380", BUT it kicks worse than any small .380 I have shot and has such a massive tendency for slide bite that it has labels and warnings pre-installed on it to make sure you are aware of the fact before you shoot it.

My LCP doesn't kick nearly as hard as the Micro Eagle or the little Sig. (I love the build of the mini-1911 type sig, but it still has a pretty strong muzzle flip, relatively speaking.)

Bottom line, Micro Eagle is built like a tank, just wouldn't want one to shoot if I had a wrist or recoil or bleeding concern....

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO a Kahr CW9 with standard 9mm kicks less than the micro .380s, which are mostly blow-back.

A cheaper solution than a new gun is regular J-frame grips on the 642 vs boots and lighter .38 loads. I rather have a wadcutter .38 than a .32.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just did some quick research on the Sig p238 and this is something I want to take a look at.
I have the Crimson Trace grips w/ the rubber back stap on the 642. The 642 will probably become my pocket gun,besides the wife said she would like to have a thumb safety if it was possible and the Sig has that so I guess its off to the gun shop again. thanx for the helpful info

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMHO a Kahr CW9 with standard 9mm kicks less than the micro .380s, which are mostly blow-back.

A cheaper solution than a new gun is regular J-frame grips on the 642 vs boots and lighter .38 loads. I rather have a wadcutter .38 than a .32.

Why a wadcutter? They cut holes in paper very nicely, and they look mean, but as an anti personnel round they are inferior to even the .32. You can get .38 ammo that has good ballistics, but does not generate much recoil.

Do some research on wadcutters. You'll find that pretty much no one who has studied them recommends them. There was a big fad several years ago to load wadcutters backward because of the deep hollow in the back end of the bullet. That has been pretty thoroughly debunked, though a few folks still do it. CB

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Seecamp .32 is an excellent carry piece but, it is pretty pricey. I carried mine for a time but reverted to my J frame. I have the Seecamp locked away for a rainy day in the future.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom